Search results

1. marine281

Vertex LED lights

Anyone else seen these things running? They've got one at my LFS, damn impressive, he adjusted he colors wirelessly from a computer across the room, then had it simulate lightning. You can completely customise the light profile throughout the day. I'm seriously considering selling my...
  2. marine281

ID me please!

Have had this guy for a few years now, bought as live rock rubble, I noticed a few polyps, so dropped it in my display. It made a great recovery, & started growing up the back wall of the tank. It fell victim to a bi-color blenny as well as a fox face, who enjoyed snacking on it frequently...
  3. marine281

Vortech

Hi all, i'm going to order my new pumps this week. I'm definately going with Vortech, I love the MP40w in my red sea max 130. I'm wondering which model to get though. I have a 4x2x2. Will 2 MP10wES be enough? The mp40 is turned right down in the rsm & provides plenty of flow, if you max it...
  4. marine281

130D reborn

Hi all, we've just finished moving house, the 130 is set up again, was only waterless for a few hours. Most of the corals & critters are in another tank I set up a few weeks before the move. We are intending on turning the 130 into a seahorse tank now that the 120 gal will be the main...
  5. marine281

Power outage

We had a huge storm here yesterday, knocked out power in most of the city! It only just came back on, so we were without it for aout 24 hours. All critters & corals happy & healthy, I set a reg from my scuba gear to freeflow & stuck it the display, it kept oxygen levels up & provided a...
  6. marine281

Andrew's Aussie 120G

Hi All, Thought it was time to start a thread for my new tank. Its a 4x2x2, with a 4x1.5x1.5 sump underneath it. Its waiting at the shop until the 9th of April when we move into our new house. Planning to make it a mainly SPS reef, with minimal bio load, the clowns from from my RSM, a...
  7. marine281

choices

Hi all, I'm busily planning my next tank for when we move into our new house, this is the tank waiting patiently at the shop.. Its a 4x2x2 with a 4x1.5x1.5 sump under it. Nice bevelled glass on the whole thing, including the sump! I'm looking into my lighting options at the minute...
  8. marine281

new sump for my rsm

Already have a smaller sump, just using an old tank, but want to go bigger & better :) Heres the plans: Bubble trap on the inlet side to keep things quiet, my current setup is quite noisy, as it just trickles into the top of the tank, so this one will be sealed up to stop that...
  9. marine281

turbo sneezes

My turbo has got a cold :) lol looks like a messy one!
  10. marine281

why you should feed corals

I woke up to find my little donut corals had eaten my CBS!!! Maybe they need more direct feeding :laughroll
  11. marine281

nice freebie :)

Got some LR for the sump/fuge I just set up a few days ago, was looking in it to see what goodies came along & found a few coralimorphs plus the following:
  12. marine281

clown goby problem

Hi all, Have a yellow clown goby that is picking at corals, initially was only on the base of a duncan, not damaging anything, so wasn't overly concerned. But found the below coral in a bunch of LR rubble I got the other day, so added it to the display to see what would happen under decent...
  13. marine281

montipora

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can ID the purple coral in the centre of this shot. I think its a montipora, but if thats the case, it must be the black sheep of the family, its very agressive to anything nearby, and packs a pretty mean punch.
  14. marine281

Lifereef overflow

My overflow arrived yesterday, picked it up during my lunch break today. Super impressed with the shipping, well packed, and only 10days from ordering to arriving in Oz. Wasn't expecting it for another few weeks, so its caught me by suprise, gotta run out and get bits and pieces together for...
  15. marine281

slowing things down

Just got my new vortech for the rsm, had a benefit that i didn't think about.. Now that its providing all the flow I could ever want, I can switch off one of the return pumps in the back. The surface skimmer wasn't working properly due to too much out power vs too much filter sponge/media...
  16. marine281

My 130D

Just got finished transfering the contents of my nano reef over to the new tank. Was up till 5am doing it, don't know where the time went!! Just gotta connect the chiller & sump now, and its all done (hardware stores weren't open in the middle of the night and I need some more piping) :) yay
  17. marine281

New rsm 130D

Hi all, pick up my tank today, but have to wait for ages to set it up as there are no cabinets in the country till the end of jan :( and apparently the 130D doesn't fit on the 130 cabinet.. waiting, waiting, waiting...