New rsm 130D

marine281

Hi all, pick up my tank today, but have to wait for ages to set it up as there are no cabinets in the country till the end of jan :( and apparently the 130D doesn't fit on the 130 cabinet..

waiting, waiting, waiting...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
marine281 - :welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club! Since you have a wait, if you haven't done so, check out the RSM threads in this section, as well the rest of Reef Sanctuary. Lots of RSM information in here, and on the RSM 130D model as well.

Are you sure the 130D won't fit on the original RSM cabinet? I didn't think they changed the outside dimensions of the tank, just some of the equipment and other internal improvements. But, I may be wrong. Based on the Red Sea information:

130 dimensions (from the Red Sea website):
Aquarium length 610 mm (24")
Aquarium width 500 mm (19.7")
Aquarium height 500 mm (19.7")

130D dimensions (also from the RS website):
Dimensions (LxWxH) 610 x 500 x 605 mm (4 x 20 x 23.8”)

That "4 x 20 ...." is obviously incorrect as I'm sure the 130D is more than 4" long! That 4 should probably read 24. I think red Sea needs to proof read their information better!!! Also hard to believe the tank height of the 130D could be that much higher & still be the same volume as the 130. Some things are obviously messed up on their dimensions? If the length & width are correct that would seem to make the cabinet fit either model, irregardless of any height difference.

In fact, checking out the cabinet for both 130 and 130D gives the same dimensions, and at the top of the cabinet pages it states:

MAX Totem Cabinet
For MAX130 and MAX130D models

Here in the US the cabinets going out with new 130D models don't look like the 130D cabinets shown in some pre-release130D pictures (with several horizontal grooves - they look like the 130 cabinets (one groove across the door). I'd contact Red Sea support and ask about the cabinet.

I have a feeling that you're waiting on setting up the tank for no good reason, waiting for a cabinet that is the same as the previous model.

marine281

Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing, but according to the supplier the cabinet doesn't fit the 130D, personally I prefer the 130 cabinet anyways!

I'll contact red sea and see what they have to say..

Cheers.

alphasierra

:welcomera marine281!

It's great to see another Aussie on here. I'm from Aus too but living in Hong Kong! You'll love the RSM once it's up and running.

steveh

The Max 130D fits the cabinet of the 130 perfectly and for the moment the original 130 cabinet is being supplied with the 130D tank as standard anyway so you have no worries!