Vertex LED lights

marine281

Anyone else seen these things running?

They've got one at my LFS, damn impressive, he adjusted he colors wirelessly from a computer across the room, then had it simulate lightning.

You can completely customise the light profile throughout the day.

I'm seriously considering selling my ATI sunpower & getting one of these.

YouTube - Vertex Illumina SR 1200 LED Demo

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's SWEET! I'd like to see some additional specs on the unit. Got any other links to it?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok I looked online for it. It's a little pricey but WOW! It's got the COOL factor for sure!!

PIMPALA

there is a vid of it somewhere that showed it simulating a thunderstorm. lightning on different sides and made it look random. then turned on the wavemaker to the MP40 and had making some huge waves. it was cool as heck, but i dunno about $2900 for a 48" light. although controlling my light from my iphone would be awesome. lol

maybe in a few more years when the LED fixtures are under a G, i'll invest.

chipmunkofdoom2

You could probably DIY under a "G", depending on tank size. My pico (granted, it is a pico) is probably coming in at under $100 and it's WAAY overbuilt. What you're paying over a "G" for is the iPhone app support and being able to simulate lightning storms from across the room with a computer.

PIMPALA

yea, ive been following your thread. its awesome!

now... ive been thinking about DIY fixture like that, but my problem is that the tank is 30" tall, and i'm not sure about getting a decent par reading at that depth, plus having the light above the water, so maybe 3 feet from the sand.

If i could build a fixture and get everything done, knowing that the light would suffice for my big tank, i'd do it no doubt. i love DIY stuff.

marine281

Yeah they are a bit pricey, but when you factor in not needing new bulbs, reduced power bills & low heat, it makes sense to me.

I'm way too busy to have a go at a DIY unit, so I guess the target market is busy/lazy people :)

The LFS sent me this yesterday:

Retail Specs:

*Fixture’s width 12"( 300mm). available length 4’ (1200mm)
*Fixture’s height; side 1.25"(32mm) / middle 1.77"(45mm).
*Length of cord from fixture to wall plug; 3 meters.
*Body / Heat-sink made out of Anodized extruded Aluminum.
*End caps, split box and other plastic pieces made from PC.
*Clear Cover made out of super clear PC rated for up to 125 deg C.
*Phillips Luxeon Rebel LEDs, White 105 lm/W, Blue and Royal Blue.
*64 White LEDs at 7000Kelvin, 32 Blue at 470nm, 32 Royal Blue at 450nm.
*40W consumption per pad, 16 LEDs per pad, 8 White, 8 Blue and 8 Royal blue.
*Expected LEDs life time 60,000 hours at 125 degree core diode temperature (Per Manufacturer).
*One of the highest Lumen maintenance factor available; LM80.
*80W per foot (300mm) / 32 LEDs per foot (300mm) / 2 modules per foot (300mm).
*Available auxiliary modules for fine color tuning available in RED, Green, and UV.
*Available in 90 - 270 V / 50 - 60Hz.
*SilenX fans less than 14dBm noise. Automatic, Always ON and always OFF modes available.
*Supplied with Single row wire hanging Kit.
*Optional Mounting Kit available.
*Meanwell drivers 2 year warranty, certified, UL/ CSA /TUV/PSE/EMC/ETL/GS.
*CE, EMC and RoHs Certified.
*2 year manufacture warranty.
*Designed by Vertex Aquaristik “Made in Austria”.

Design and technique:

*Thermovap heat-sink design, sleek yet most efficient in heat dispersion technology.
*Wireless communication between LEDs & controller. Communication via; IEEE 811.15.4 Sensor Net.
*Air-shaft heat-exchange design for maximum heat extraction.
*Optics-free design provides maximum coverage and ample penetration.
*Does not promote irregular growth patterns in SPS corals, due to use of optics.
*Totally modular, all parts are changeable by disconnecting connections, no need for wiring.
*Easy to upgrade and repair due to modular design of the fixture.
*User-friendly operating program and menus.
*Could be networked to other fixtures.
*Only one cord exits the fixture irrelevant of fixture length.
*Orange / Black, back lid LCD Controller.
*Available PC software for expert mode accessed via V-link USB stick. Communication via; IEEE 811.15.4 Sensor Net via USB stick.

Operating Data:

*Diodes running at 750 mA, consuming 2.5W, running them below recommended threshold to increase life and decrease degradation factor by a great value.
*Fixture Wattage: (1200mm: 320W),*
*Diodes approximate core temperature: 105 deg C.
*SilenX fans: 1.08W / 24CFM.

Controllability:

*LCD controller capable of demo, custom and light studio for advance color composition.
*Fully controllable by LED color group, modules, auxiliary modules and programmed custom groups...
*Programmable, sunrise, sunset, midday scenarios…
*Total weather simulation; clouds, rainy day, lightning…
*Optional fan shut-off mode via controller.
*Expert color composition, Seamless setting implementation via V-link.
*Real-time color sampling, watch the light color composed live in front of your aquarium via V-link.
*Synaptic 29,5306 day moon cycle control via V-link.
*Multiple lighting scenario custom or preset available via V-link.
*Could be linked to Vertex Cerebra wirelessly for additional total network management.

Upgrade and upkeep:

*Energy transfer via piercing contacts into integrated cables, no wiring or soldering modules.
*All diodes & components in network “with each other”,” within each module”, “between modules” and “modules and the controller” wirelessly.
*Easy to upgrade or replace modules, due to total wireless communication and unique energy distribution, no wiring or soldering modules.
*Auxiliary Modules available in RED, GREEN and UV, to further fine compose your light-out as desired.

Special Features:

*Capable of growing any type of corals, irrelevant of how high their demand of light.
*Equivalent to high Kelvin 400W MH bulb on E-ballast.
*50% less energy consumption.
*No spotting effect on sand, only natural shimmer light.
*EMC certified, will not affect other electronics or devices in close proximity.
*Effortless upgradability.
*Super sleek modern design.