My 130D

marine281

Just got finished transfering the contents of my nano reef over to the new tank. Was up till 5am doing it, don't know where the time went!!

Just gotta connect the chiller & sump now, and its all done (hardware stores weren't open in the middle of the night and I need some more piping)

:) yay

tank2.jpg

tank.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great to see you finally got a cabinet! Are you putting the sump in the cabinet? Looking good - keep us posted on how it goes!

marine281

Yeah, I share the house with 4 other people, so my room is the only place for it.

Found a cabinet at another store, the one i got the tank from changed their story from "the old cabinets won't fit the new tank" to "there are no old cabinets now either..." oh well, its set up now!

Sump is in the cabinet, i'm using the chiller attachment with a z pipe on it as an overflow, then pumping the return back through the chiller to the tank. Might get the cabinet fan kit i think, get a bit more air moving around in there.

Water has cleared up nicely, and all the critters seem to be happy. Open brain coral has taken to the change very well, zoas are still hiding though.

marine281

Couple of new photos, have found a few hitchhikers on some LR rubble I got, the coral in the first photo has a hard body and expands slightly once the lights are on, not a great deal though.

The second is of some kind of tube worm, not the best shot, these tanks are tricky to photograph! They live inside the tubes in the pic & stick their heads out to feed, shy little guys though. They are black & look almost fluffy when fully extended, will try to get better shots.

PC290102.jpg

PC290093.jpg

PC290105.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Interesting hitchhikers - that's one of the best parts about this hobby (as long as they're not pests). No idea what that first one is - maybe if it grows more that'll help ID it. Nice shrimp too!

marine281

A few new additions today, have been in the tank for about 4 hours now, and have opened up nicely.

My clowns have been busy checking out the torch coral, hopefully they will move in to sleep, as they are currently spending nights half way up the tank in the back right corner. they don't seem to like the new substrate, bit too heavy for them to dig a hole in..

PC300814.jpg

PC300815.jpg

PC300816.jpg

PC300817.jpg

PC300819.jpg

PC300825.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Very nice additions. Do you know what the first two are? They almost look like acans, but I'm not really sure at all. Third one a Favia? In fact the only one that looks really familiar is the Euphyllia species - torch or frogspawn type.

marine281

I'm not sure either, the first 3 were being sold as open brains, no idea on the first one, the 2nd looks like an acan, and the 3rd a favia.

marine281

Few more new tankmates today, can't wait to get back to work, spending waaay to much while i'm on holidays :)

There was a bristle worm on my starfish, not sure who was eating who, or if the worm just figured he'd move in and get taken to where the food was.

PC310834.jpg

PC310836.jpg

pair of maori gobies
PC310837.jpg

PC310842.jpg

PC310844.jpg

PC310845.jpg

Pair of yellow coral gobies

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Very nice additions marine281! The Maoris resemble my green clown goby. Neat little fish as are the yellow ones. Hopefully the bristleworm was just hanging out on the star for a free ride.

marine281

I had one of those lil green guys in my big tank years ago, and knew them as green clown gobys too, but the guy fish store was calling them maori gobys- although, he wasn't the brightest spark i've ever met :)

Here are some shots from feeding time tonight:
P1040025.jpg

P1040028.jpg

P1040030.jpg

P1040032.jpg

Still trying to work out how to take good shots through the glass.. tis a challenge!

Looking at getting an U/W water housing made up for one of my cams for diving, so that would make things nice & easy :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Corals sure look different when they put out all of their feeders. Is that where the gobies like to hang out?

Mavjoy

Nice additions of corals and fishes. The brain and favia looks really cool when they feed at night.

marine281

Yeah, the green guys hang out at the base of those ones, and the yellows seem to prefer the torch coral.

Night time sure brings a lot of changes in our little reefs.

marine281

More new coral, and more new pics, played around with camera settings on my SLR today for about an hour, and the following are the best I could come up with.. damned water getting in the way!!

I've included a pic of a butterfly I took, just to defend the camera and prove that its the guy holding it thats not doing much of a job!! :)

P1040820.jpg

P1040840.jpg

P1040852.jpg

P1040853.jpg

P1040858.jpg

P1040861.jpg

Notice the black sun coral under my CBS, its just starting to open up now that the lights are off. I've got it sitting underneath a ledge.
P1040864.jpg

butterfly.jpg

Looking into getting one of the life reef overflows at the minute, would be nice to have an overflow I trusted... I hear those things never fail. Same can't be said for ones I've made myself!!