Search results

1. sandyc

Things i'll never have in my tank period!!!

I will never have frogspawn again. I had an allergic reaction to it.:away:
  2. sandyc

Clam color change from blue to purple

I am happy to report that my clam is doing well, despite the color change. It has even increased in size. I wish it were still blue however I am happy as a clam that it is doing well and is growing!
  3. sandyc

Very noob clownfish breeding questions.

You could get a "pair" or you could get one large fish and one that is very small. Unless you buy a pair, do not buy two big fish as they may both be female.
  4. sandyc

Very noob clownfish breeding questions.

question 1. I agree with Wilkerson completely. question 2. My breeding pair are in a 29 gallon reef tank. The best place to keep them is in a place where there will be minimal disruptions. The less traffic the better. It doesn't really matter if it is a reef tank or in a breeder tank in...
  5. sandyc

Ocellaris Clownfish breeding - Wish me luck!

Wow, I guess I should check in here a little more often. I will have to post some pictures. I won't have time until the weekend though so be patient. I am amazed at the number of babies and just how fast they grow. I have approx 400 babies at various stages. I finally had to set up my...
  6. sandyc

floaters.

This is normal behavior. No worries.
  7. sandyc

My Little Mandarin

Thanks for the link. I have looked around there. It is where I read about the breeding success. I will keep looking. I promised myself I wouldn't buy another mandarin until I found one that was trained to take pellets and frozen. I added pods to my fuge and added a pod hotel from BigJay in...
  8. sandyc

My Little Mandarin

I am so glad it is working out for her. I guess I have been following along because I lost a mandarin 2 days after I bought it. I was crushed. It is good to hear that someone has been successful. I have heard that there are a few people breeding mandarins now. I would love to be one of...
  9. sandyc

My Little Mandarin

How about a picture update? I hope he is packing on the weight.
  10. sandyc

Thanks Uncle Sam

He didn't buy me anything yet - but he will...........:clink:
  11. sandyc

sambrinar's 75 gals office sanity

Brenda, Can I come too? I love crab legs. Besides these Chicago winters are killing me.:snow:
  12. sandyc

All hards dead, LPS slowly leaving :( HELP!!

I would take a water sample to my LFS and have them run everything. Maybe one of your test kits is not working properly.
  13. sandyc

42 Gallon Hex Tank

Looks great!
  14. sandyc

Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

A beautiful addition Lynn.
  15. sandyc

Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

:bow: Wow!
  16. sandyc

Scolymia from Zoanuts

Robert - The Scoly is doing great! It has been a fantastic addition to my tank. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Zoanuts again.
  17. sandyc

My 46 gallon LPS Tank

Beautiful corals Blake! But you know me, that clown stole my heart.
  18. sandyc

How to clean Berlin Socks

I have also been washing in the wash machine with bleach. I was told that washing by hand would make them last longer but I figure the convience is worth it as they only cost $10. I let it air dry. Works great.
  19. sandyc

My Little Mandarin

:dance: Dentoid - How is she doing?
  20. sandyc

My 46 gallon LPS Tank

I am so sorry to hear about the ponies. I know it is disappointing but you need to keep trying. As you know, I lost many clowns in the beginning and felt so bad about it that I almost quit trying. I had told myself I would try just one more batch and that was my first successful batch. Only...