floaters.

turbiville

I got a pair of Ocillaris (sp?) clowns last week. They are still in QT and seem happy, healthy and hungry. However, they sleep floating at the top on their sides. The first (and second) time I saw it I got that sinking feeling. Now I just want to know if it is normal behavior of if is a clue to something abnormal.

Thank you in advance.

Jeremy0322

I dont know if its "normal" but one thing you will learn is clowns dont do much thats normal. Clowns are weird, there is a bunch of random crap they do, I dont know if I would really worry about it, but maybe someone else knows something more about it.

marine281

mine sleep 3/4 of the way up the back corner wall of my tank, then spend the day sneaking up on the vortech and getting shot across the tank... there is a reason they are called clowns :)

reefersmoke

Yup, I would not worry about it at all, my ocellaris clown sleeps doing a weird swimming dance wedged between my magfloat and the back corner of the tank. Before I got the RSM he was in a 8 gallon biocube and slept the same way in the same corner.

mzreenie

My False Percula Clowns sleep standing on their heads in the back right corner - and yes, clowns do exhibit weird behavior.

My Clarki does the same thing just on the sandbed he lays completely sideways at night behind the rock ( so does my Sailfin Tang right next to the clown)

Thomas

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Mine do what mzreenie's do - sleep in the right front or back corner, heads down. Weird fish!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I don't know either Whipitup. I know you have different meanings for some words. I remember when I was in England one of my co-workers asked me if I wanted to go out for a fag. I was a little upset till I figured out he meant a cigarette!