Thanks Uncle Sam

funkpolice

I just worked a crap load of overtime this week, so uncle sam is going to be taking an extra large cut of my check. He takes an awful lot more from me than he gives back. Nice lights!
bill

DaveK

I fail to see why you are thanking "uncle sam" AKA the IRS for your new equipment.

All they are doing is giving back to you what was yours to begin with.

More to the point, look at your withholding and see how much money that is, and how it is taken from you before it is due.

ReefLady

Staff member
That's sweet.

The IRS/aka Uncle Sam takes way too much from me. They'll be giving me a gigantic crater in my wallet soon enough...grumble grumble.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I make it so Uncle Sam gets the minimum amount of $$ during the year and I get to use it as I see fit :) Works out REALLY good that way and he doesn't use MY Money for FREE (No interest... if you put that same money into a savings account you make at least a small percentage on it and you get to use it ANY time you like) :)

*Gets off my soapbox for a while*:soap: :soap: :soap: :soap:

I hate Uncle Sam!!!!! He drained my wallet today of $252.00 worth of fines i had to pay and i could have spent it on new fish,equipment,corals,rock,another light fixture lol but nooooooooo i had to take the road i never take home for a reason and got caught speeding!!!!!!! Lesson well learned thoe. Nice light system thoe

Thomas

new reefer 03

i dont dislike or like uncle sam yet :)
my income is under the counter;)

truely the money you get back from taxes is your money they "held" for you. its just what you over paid them, and they gave it back ( correct me if im wrong)

new reefer 03

thansk al, i thought its just like what you overpaid them over the year, and thats what you got back, how much you overpaid... well congrats on the new lights, i hope to see a clam soon :)

sorry guys. :threadjack:

Jeremy0322

I hate Uncle Sam!!!!! He drained my wallet today of $252.00 worth of fines i had to pay and i could have spent it on new fish,equipment,corals,rock,another light fixture lol but nooooooooo i had to take the road i never take home for a reason and got caught speeding!!!!!!! Lesson well learned thoe. Nice light system thoe

Thomas

How fast were you going, and what was the speed limit, thats a pretty big fine.

Whacked

grats on the lights :) what type are they? hard to see the fixture.

depending on how much you got back, you should look into changing the withholding on your W4. Tax returns isnt free money as mentioned above. You are actually better off owing $$. I'm not talking a huge sum that will result in financial hardship in repayment, but a small amount. That way you will have more $$$ in your paycheck plus earn interest on your $$$. After all, if you owe, its just another simple form to fill out and Uncle Sam accepts payment plans.

Whacked

my guess is probably around 17-19mph over posted.
that fine is about what I paid when I got nailed for doing 94 in a 75 zone. not the first time my little tacoma wandered into that speed range.
Dang airplane police :(
I was actually doing the posted speed when I saw the cop on the onramp and pulled me over. My impression with talking with the officer I might have gotten off with a warning or a reduced over limit amount 'cept it was a pilot that called it in, so he had to write me up.
But online traffic school rocks! lol

Jeremy0322

I am a 19 year old in a BMW, its old but it still has some get up and go, so I know all about being pulled over...lol.

ryanb91

Guys I understand how the IRS works...lol . I was just being a smart ass by thanking them. And the lights are the GLO T5 HO

lol well it all started with no headlight i hit a deer in escanaba mi, when i went up there so it blew out my headlight and smashed the car not to long ago i was driving down a road i never drive and i got pulled over for no headlight well i was doing 5 over and then i got hit for suspended license from a unpaid ticket (my fault i will admit it) but so far i have both tickets paid for my unpaid ticket and my speeding i go to court monday to figure out about my dwls....

Jeremy0322

I had a lucaris ticket a few years back because I didnt know they were allowed to unload a school bus on a 5 lane freeway, that was my mistake completely and a very easy lesson to learn. But another car behind me ran it too, and the person that called it in reported street racing, which would have had me doing more than 8 miles an hour over. But it was overtaking a school bus, street racing, speeding, and something else, for a total of what would have been 12 points and 1250 dollars and a 6 month suspension, but dad knew some people and my friends dad knew some people so I got off REALLY lucky on that one, 91 dollars and 3 points. I still dont know how i missed that stop sign, but it hasnt happened again since.