My 46 gallon LPS Tank

SeahorseBT

The elegance is an Aussie. Much hardier. Good for you Sandy! I saw that tank with all the clowns on the other site too. Beautiful! Unfortunately I can't say the same for the ponies. I lost the last one today. I feel really bad after they came this far. No idea why the last 12 died. Someone brought up a good point that it is my first batch and not many people got as far as I did. I think I need to get them on frozen earlier.

sandyc

I am so sorry to hear about the ponies. I know it is disappointing but you need to keep trying. As you know, I lost many clowns in the beginning and felt so bad about it that I almost quit trying. I had told myself I would try just one more batch and that was my first successful batch. Only 23 survived. 13 of those are now in my nephew’s tank. All of the disappointment was overshadowed by the joy. Keep trying.

SeahorseBT

I am feeling that way too right now. I guess I'll keep trying. I would feel a lot better if I knew why they died.

SeahorseBT

Here are some pics:
Tanks449.jpg

Tanks447.jpg

Tanks446.jpg

Tanks444.jpg

Tanks443.jpg

Tanks442.jpg

Tanks441.jpg

Tanks440.jpg

Tanks439.jpg

Tanks445.jpg

Tanks432-1.jpg

SeahorseBT

I got a brand new Sea Storm 75 protein skimmer yesterday for free from work. It does up to 75 gallons. I had a little trouble hooking it up but it is working well now.

SeahorseBT

I moved 10 baby rics I fragged a while ago into this tank, a small fungia, a monti cap, a ponape birdsnest, some xenia, and a leather all from my RSM. I am making some room for something special.

jjohnson3

Nice tank again Blake! I really like the frogspawn! The BTA looks really happy! Maybe the clowns will host it soon...I promise, once they do, you will have a harder time working around it because the clowns will get very agressive!

SeahorseBT

Nice tank again Blake! I really like the frogspawn! The BTA looks really happy! Maybe the clowns will host it soon...I promise, once they do, you will have a harder time working around it because the clowns will get very agressive!
Thanks :D. Yes the frogspawn is my showpeice. I think they are happy in their frogspawn but you never know. I want the RBTA to get a little bigger before they host it though.
That tank is amazing, I think that I am drifting more toward LPS/zoas from SPS.
Thanks. :D I am very proud of it.

jjohnson3

Yea, Id say you want that BTA a good 4-5 inches before the clowns try to host it. That way they dont pester it to death.