Search results

1. N

What to feed a LARGE QUEEN ANGEL??????

I would like to know what other people are feeding their larger angels? I know they tend to be more picky than the smaller pygmy's . :bigbounce
  2. N

Putting cement blocks in a reef tank

I have a 300 gallon future reef tank. I already have 200 lbs of live rock, wich I now know won,t be close to enough! But , if I can put some cement blocks behind and under the live rock it would really help the 200 lbs of rock look like alot more.Is this safe? I have seen it done before but Will...
  3. N

carribean live rock pics ?

Anybody have pics of carribean rock? What does it look like? Does it resemble tonga, fiji, etc.. IS IT LIGHT OR HEAVY? DIFFERENT SHAPES, FLAT OR BOULDERS? Lots of color or what. I can get a great deal on the stuff but never seen it first hand. What do you think of it? Anybody with some pics...
  4. N

Shark tanks .... anybody?

I know plenty of the people here have reef tanks.Does anybody have a Shark tank. I mean like with big leopards or black tips? I would like to see some pics of that!!!!!!!! For a change anyway... :hallo:
  5. N

new set up cloudy?

Finally got my tank all set up. It was crystal clear for 2 days now it's really cloudy. I used all ro water and instant ocean salt . Didn't add sand rock or fish yet. All of a sudden it's cloudy???? Help..... :bigbounce
  6. N

to give and get karma

I noticed the karma numbers. How do you give karma and how do you recieve it ? Keep in mind I'm newer here and don't know all the site features. Thanks :hallo:
  7. N

Tightening a bulkhead ?

Setting up a new tank. How much should you tighten a bulkhead? Is hand tight good, or do you use a wrench? Also, should you wet the gasket first? You only put a gasket on the tank side right?
  8. N

Iwaki or Panworld?

Iwaki's are a classic in my opinion. How are what I call their cousin the Pan World's. I'm going to replace my Iwaki70 soon, and they caught my attention. Anybody have any experience with them?
  9. N

Sequence pumps----------------Any good?

If anybody has any experience with sequence reeflo pumps , or the dart in general. Please share good or bad. Thanks :bouncebox
  10. N

Acrylic thickness for 300gal?

The dimensions are 96L 24W 30H. The manufacturer assures me that 1/2inch acrylic is enough. What are your thoughts? :grr:
  11. N

Tenecor

Does anybody have any experience with tenecor tanks? If so is it good or bad? :bigbounce
  12. N

Clams!---- PC'S + VHO'S good enough? Is MH necessary?

You might know already, I'm setting up a 300gal reef. Well I think I might just use VHO'S instead of the Metal Halide/VHO combo I first thought up. The tank is 30inches deep. By the time I add sand, The tank will be about 26 inches deep. The live rock will go almost to the top of the tank with...
  13. N

Help---Precision Marine Bullet XL2 Skimmer

I'm thinking of buying the PM Bullet XL2 skimmer for my 300gal reef tank. Does anybody have one of these, are they good ? This is the largest skimmer they make, The next step down would be the XL1 and bullet 3. How do they compare to ETSS and MTC? So far the customer service has been great but I...
  14. N

The best RO UNIT ?

I want to purchase an ro unit, but I'm not sure what is really necessary? I am building a reef tank. Do I need a 4 stage unit, or is a 3 stage good enough. Do I need the deionization or is this overkill. Is it necessary to add stuff to the water after you make it? Do you have to buy a Kent...
  15. N

plumbing order for uv sterilizer, necessary?

I'm setting up a 300gal reef tank. Do I need a uv sterilizer ? I've heard good and bad: they kill unwanted parasites, and that they kill alot of good stuff to. This being the bad. Is it true. If it is not then I was going to get the biggest turbo twist,is this a good one. In what order do you...
  16. N

How good is internet live rock ?

Is live rock shipped over the net as good as a local store ? If it is, who has the best price, and what is the best type ? I have a new 300gal tank 96Lx24Wx30H. It will be a heavily stocked reef with many corals.I would like to cover the whole back wall, and make several ledges and caves for...
  17. N

Recomended lighting ?

I am grtting a 300gal tank. It will be a heavily stocked reef with many different types of coral. Dimensions are 96Lx24Wx30H.I was thinking of 3-250watt 5000k mh bulbs, and about 880 watts of vho actinic. For a total of 1630 watts is this enough, and is it a good combo. Also, are the double...
  18. N

Rubbermaid sump.. getting rid of bubbles ????

I'm getting a 300 gal tank from tenecor. I want a big sump that will handle 3000 gal/hr. The cost is around 650 dollars, for a brand name 60 gal [etss]. It seems too high for me when I can buy the heavy duty 100 gal rubbermaid water tub for 90 dollars. The Rubbermaid is even bigger than the...
  19. N

help me finish my 1200 gallon tank

I'm building a large tank, and I don't know how to make the window properly.The tank walls will be cement The window is a sheet of acrylic 48 x 96 x 1 inch thick.Do I make the walls, then attach the acrylic to the opening, or do I set the acrylic into the wet cement. I can't find any info on...
  20. N

acrylic to cement

I'm in the middle of tank building, but I don't know how to bond my sheet of acrylic to my cement tank opening? do i use silicone and screws?