to give and get karma

nickt

I noticed the karma numbers. How do you give karma and how do you recieve it ? Keep in mind I'm newer here and don't know all the site features. Thanks
:hallo:

Witfull

click on the karma button and give pos or neg karma,,,,then check your user CP to see you gave it to you,,,be sure to put your name.,,,go check,,i just gave you some!

mkpaulson

generally when I try to give karma I get this message. :smoking:

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Gina

RS STAFF
That happens for me also. Then, sometimes I try to give it to someone I may have given it to recently and it says, I can't give it to that person till I spread some around!

ReefLady

Staff member
Hey MKPaulson, do you get that message even when you haven't been giving karma that day?

Both of those features were created to prevent (or at least stem) abuse. But I have control over the amount of karma members can give per day and how much they have to spread it around before giving it to someone again...I can loosen that up if you guys want. ;)

ReefLady

Staff member
OK the daily limit is set at giving karma 10 times. That ought to be more than enough I'd think.

I changed the "spread it around" factor from 10 (that WAS a little excessive) to 3. So after you give karma to someone, you have to give it to 3 others before you can go hit them with some more karmic love.

T