Search results

1. P

Powerheads

Looking for quick opinion on the Vortech power heads for reliability. Thumbs up or thumbs down. First 10 respondees make up my mind for me LOL.
  2. P

Aquatic Auctions LOL

Aquatic auctions makes me laugh. The same person runs on the bid up on himself from 133 to 220 dollars. Right!
  3. P

Actinics for sale.

Hi. Finally replacing my lights in my Aqualight Pro. My tanks now over a year old. I bought part number 54085 which has 4 straight pins instead of 54086 which has the square pin configuration. The vendor won't take 'em back. Listed for 25 each but you can have em for $25 total for both...
  4. P

Ack, what a miserable week

After a year of things going very well..... Early in the week one of my clownfish (my first fish purchases) went hardwood floor surfing. I had just about got over it when tonight's disaster happened. My flame hawkfish apparently tried for a turbo snail, the snail retracted into it's shell...
  5. P

Rinsing Fish Food

I find no evidence or can see no reason that rinsing of fish food does any good other than potentially contaminating it with the holders and creating a mess as well as additional work. If someone has some data, I would appreciate it.
  6. P

Happy Birthday to me

Hi all. My tank is now 1 year old, I just turned 50 (gak) on the same day. Here is my first attempt at uploading photo. I bought 7 new frags at a swap in Connecticut on the weekend. IMG]http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg451/pulker_2009/DSCN2128.jpg[/IMG]
  7. P

New Purchase

Well my tank just turned one year old.:jester: The boss(wife) gave me the ok to purchase my own RO/DI system. I have been nabbing free stuff from our large work but its a weekly hassle and I feel funny about doing it. I was looking at airwaterice and filterguys stuff. I will probably...
  8. P

Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter

Anyone have experience with this pump please? Seems like a good buy for 15 bucks for my ato system.
  9. P

Quarantine Tank

Well. My first tank is almost a year old and I've learned a lot from here. I recently bought a fire goby named Firefly. Although I have a quarantine tank downstairs I have never used it assuming my LFS stuff was always healthy. Well after a couple of days a noticed a big white spot on the...
  10. P

Tank Update

Hi all. Haven't checked in for a while. My tank is now 6.5 months old. I have learned a lot. I added a 20 gallon sump about 2 months ago. My only major issue was a huge nitrogen spike shortly after that. I am guessing that a large turbo snail I put in for algae control died. I lost a...
  11. P

Calcium, Can't get it up

I can't get my calcium above 260-280 ppm. I have started one week now doing with esv 2 part calcium buffer. Even putting 20 ml of both components in does not seem to do much except drop the raise the pH a bit. What's up with that? Tank is 6 weeks old and has cycled with 50 lbs live rock...
  12. P

Covered Aquarium

Hi all. My tanks a little over a month old. Brown algae has come and almost gone, getting green algae now. Fritzyme to help me along. I have a false gramma and a damsel in it and they seem to be doing well. The two LFS near me both refuse to sell me any coral yet which I suppose is a good...
  13. P

First Fish on Good Friday

Ok ready to go.. I think. NH3=0, NO2=0, NO3=5mg/l. 3/2 Added live rock 55lbs and live sand 60 lbs to new tank 3/13 My first nitrite reading ,woot, ammonia high 3/15 My lfs suggested I add me 3 oz. of fritzyme , skimmer off 3/18 Ammonia down to zero 3/19 Turned back on skimmer...
  14. P

I have nitrite, I have nitrite

I know, I'm such a newb. Curing for 9 days now.
  15. P

Water change PH maintenance

Hola again. I'm curing my 50 lbs of live rock in the tank and doing 8 gallon water changes every other day. I'm using wellwater of pH 6.7. I have been using freshwater pH-UP up to get to the desired range. It seems pretty quick to do as opposed to adding these buffered mixes everytime! Is...
  16. P

AquaC skimmer and power filter?

Ok. Just started buying my stuff for my 46 gallon bow front. Do i really need an emporer power filter in addition to the Live rock and AquaC skimmer I'm getting. This is more expensive than i thought.:spinner:
  17. P

Newbie for Saltwater

Hola. I'm from CT and impulsively am getting into saltwater. Bought a 46 gallon Seaclear Bowfront from Petco. Seaclone 100 protein skimmer. 2 150 watt submersible heaters. 60 lbs of live sand, an emporer filter. Thought i would buy 25 lbs of fiji live rock to start before adding fish but...