Newbie for Saltwater

Pulker

Hola. I'm from CT and impulsively am getting into saltwater. Bought a 46 gallon Seaclear Bowfront from Petco. Seaclone 100 protein skimmer. 2 150 watt submersible heaters. 60 lbs of live sand, an emporer filter. Thought i would buy 25 lbs of fiji live rock to start before adding fish but not sure who is a good vendor. Seatrademarine.com looks ok. Took me a couple days to figure out wtf a power head was, but i guess i need two lol.

Good think I have money to burn. I am a chemist by training so looking at this aspect will be cool.

It's sure nice to have the internet.

Waiting anxiously on delivery of everything.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and Welcome!

Being from a "Chemist" background you're going to LOVE this hobby!

Do yourself a favor and take a trip over to
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...something-cycling-breaking-new-reef-tank.html
and learn about the Nitrogen Cycle. Read it, know it and LOVE IT! It's going to be with you during EVERY step of the Marine Tank.

Go slow and let the tank mature. Rule of thumb (general rule) is 1 - 1 1/2lbs of LR per gallon of tank. Get the tank set up, cycled and during that time we can work on your long term aquarium goals.

Welcome to the REEF :)

michael_cb_125

Welcome to Rs. This is a great place to be.
Well it sounds like you have a good start. If you have not opened the skimmer yet. DONT. THe sea clone skimmer will not handle your tank. I would look into upgrading the skimmer. A great place to get live rock is Pacificeastaquaculture.com
They have amazing tonga fusion rock
~Welcome to the addiction we call reefing
~Michael