Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter

ZAPCOnj

I have them on my CPR overflows. they work pretty well. they require a cleaning once in a while.

what do you want to know about them?

Pulker

I just wanted to make sure the pump wasn't junk.

I bought an ultralife flow switch when I first started out last year but never used it.

I guess my ATO will consist of:
1) The Tom aqua lifter pump
2) The flow switch
3) A household timer rigged to come on a couple times a day per the flow switch instructions.

I'm only really going to use it when I'm away.

Thanks for the replies.

I have one hooked up to my ato, pumping from my resevoir to kalk reactor to sump. Been running it for a couple of years now with no complaints.

God bless,
Chris

luisgo

If you have the aqualift pump and the Ultralife float switch then you only need a freshwater reserve tank to have an ATO system. That is exactly what I have and it works perfectly. The magnetic float is located in my sump. One thing I love about the Aqualifter is the the water is added very slowly to the sump with no adverse effects with changes in salinity. You can even add additives to the water reserve.

A = Aqualifter pump B = Ultralife Float

Freshwater reserve 5 gallon. The rigid tubing goes all the way to the bottom of the container.

Jeremy0322

If you have the aqualift pump and the Ultralife float switch then you only need a freshwater reserve tank to have an ATO system. That is exactly what I have and it works perfectly. The magnetic float is located in my sump. One thing I love about the Aqualifter is the the water is added very slowly to the sump with no adverse effects with changes in salinity. You can even add additives to the water reserve.

A = Aqualifter pump B = Ultralife Float

Freshwater reserve 5 gallon. The rigid tubing goes all the way to the bottom of the container.

Would it be possible to do the same thing but with a different switch, that one seems expensive to me for some reason.
M8000 Float Switch
i-float Float Switch

I saw something done with an extension cord, would these work for that type of idea. Its a little more "ghetto" than they way you have ti set up, but it would save some cash which is always cool!

YouTube - DIY Auto Top Off System

chipmunkofdoom2

Great pumps. I haven't yet implemented my in an ATO system yet, but I plan on it.

I'm going to use just a float switch, cut an extension cord and wire that in, then plug in the Aqualifter. I didn't like that idea, but the Aqualifter is so low power that I wouldn't be worried about that little bit of juice running through the float switch.

Jeremy0322

Yea, im thinking thats the way to go if you wanna do a really cheap ATO system, will either of those switches work though?

If you follow this article the float switch is only about $10 after shipping. A total cost of $25 at the most.

I set up my ATO like that for about 4 months now, has been working great with no problems.

the only thing i did different was made a J shape out of a strip of acrylic and clipped it to the side of my sump.

Attachments

• switch.JPG
    switch.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 53

Jeremy0322

once i get my tank up I can start worrying about keeping the water levels steady, but this will be the route I go.