Quarantine Tank

Pulker

Well. My first tank is almost a year old and I've learned a lot from here. I recently bought a fire goby named Firefly. Although I have a quarantine tank downstairs I have never used it assuming my LFS stuff was always healthy. Well after a couple of days a noticed a big white spot on the Goby and what looked like a couple smaller lesions on the same side. Well I panicked like I usually do. I wasn't sure if it was sand stuck on or something worse. I put a plastic bait box in the tank and left for work. Upon returning home I saw no white spot on the fish but it was caught in the tank. Being still in a panic I figured I might as well take the fish out and see if I could get it to survive in the QT tank. I did a fresh water dip and put the fish in 10 days ago and I see no signs of infection. I didn't want to medicate unless I was sure it was sick.

Moral of the story is, It's funny how much of rush I was in to quarantine when I thought I had a problem but I didn't care before that.

My other fish are ok. 2 percula clown, 1 gramma, 1 flame hawkfish, 1 yellow wrasse, 1 scooter blennie.