Recent content by slb11106

1. S

live live sand

how about sand from tampa bay ?
  2. S

emerald crabs

i have two emerald crabs, they are doing fine and very mobile, but they are no longer that nice green color, they are a chalky kind of color, it there something wrong with them ? all levels are normal, calcium 450, ph 8.2 ect... is there something i missed ? all of my shrimp are fine...
  3. S

sand dollars....are they able to live in mytank ?

Fish and other ichthy stuff has real good live stock but very slim on anything else, marine warehouse is a large store and i go there quite a bit. both of those are my pics out of the area. there is also Creative Oceans, Coral Reef Aquariums ...these are ok, i dont have much info on these as...
  4. S

thanks for the info, i will go with that and leave them at the beach...any ideas on any other cool critters that i could add to the tank ?
  5. S

ich in the reef tank help please .

yes i agree, and i did that, i droped the temp from 81.4 to 78 (not on purpose, i had a heater malfunction) and it was like that for 24 hrs and all is well, maybe it was just a fluke thing, dont know. having said all that, i was also feeding medicated food for 30 days or so and garlic (dont know...
  6. S

is this possible?

yes you can add coral, also another good starter is a small leather or maybe some polyps...make sure you have good flow and light and you are off to the races
  7. S

ahh, i was thinking they may need alot of flow since they seem to live near the coast line, and i could not replicate that, and would not want to, but i would be interested in trying if anyone had any further details on this... thanks for the reply reefjitsu
  8. S

i live in tampa fl and went out to the beach and found a ton of the "sand dollars" and wondered if they would live in my tank ?
  9. S

ich in the reef tank help please .

i know alot of people will not agree, but i had a bad case of ICH and i was ready to go purchase a qt tank (which i should have had already) but, before spending lots of cash i tried "kick ICH " and i went through one gallon over a 5 day period and the ich was gone and it has been 4 months...
  10. S

starting to get some red algea on the sand bed

i have been getting red algea on my sand bed, i have to stir the sand every day or two so it does not get carried away. is this normal ? do i need to change something ? all perameters are great and i do a water change every 30 days (20gal on my 90gal tank)
  11. S

Missing Anenome

check the overflow, minw decided one day he would take a ride....and survived....also check your sump.
  12. S

layer of film on top of water...

well i went and got a small powerhead, i will put that in and see if i can get rid of the dead spot. i will let you know in the morning..
  13. S

well i do have the overflow on the right side that takes water from the top, but the film is on the left side of the take (4' tank)90 gal the right side has no film on it, i presume that i need to add a power head (small) pointing up to move that film to the overflow ? right ? and i have a...
  14. S

i have a layer of film on the top of the water in the tank, i have the return on the top of the water but it does not clear it, any ideas on how to get rid of it ??? thanks
  15. S

OK, now what??

mine does that every once and a while, i used a thin piece of filter material and cut it round and put it where the cup screws in for a day or two then take it out and all is fine. something is causing the skimmer to "do its job" just a bit too much