Missing Anenome

cioutlaw

I just noticed today he was missing, has been in the same spot since I put him in 5-6 months ago & has looked good & healthy. Now he dissapeared...do they bury themselves or go behind live rock? Ive searched the tank with a flash light with the lights off & no sign of him. Here is a pic cause im not sure the type.

DSC01360.JPG

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
i dont think it would bury itself..it could be on the back of a rok or on the back glass he looks kinda small so look carefully ... he is possibly in the back somewhere

Gina

RS STAFF
I would think that he's either in the rock work or somewhere in the back of the tank where you can't see him well.
Give him a little bit and see if he decides he wants to come back out.

lcstorc

In the rockwork is my guess but start testing your water just in case something did go wrong. Mine occasionally will hide under a rock ledge etc for a couple of days. Mine are very different types but I would think it was certainly possible for yours as well.
Hope all it well, it is a really pretty animal.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Probably hiding.... but be certain to check the water for ammonia and nitrites daily until you find him. Any sign of a cycle will need to be corrected with water changes and a hunt for the anemone.

cioutlaw

Thanks for all the ideas...still missing & parameters are good. ill let ya know how it turns out.

Kensn

They can shrink to almost nothing when they want to... Keep a close eye out and he will show up somewhere..

cioutlaw

Been missing for at least 5 days now! Parameters are all good. How long can he go without direct light?