is this possible?

su_mich

ok, i m having a 13g tank. n at 1st i just planned to make it a FO tank. but since i was told that with a 13g, i can't add many fish, so i was thinking if i may add some low light corals into them.
i have a dead coral, n some dead rock only with some kind of sands the shop sold to me.
i don't have live rock or live fine sand, is it possible to have corals in my tank?
thanks

Gina

RS STAFF
Yes, it is.
Mushrooms are a great beginner coral and come in several colors.

slb11106

yes you can add coral, also another good starter is a small leather or maybe some polyps...make sure you have good flow and light and you are off to the races

billyr98

just make sure your tank is at good levels... and then add some nice soft corals...
zoas are fun! and colorful!

lcstorc

Give the tank some time to get established and you should be fine with some low light corals. Personally, I love mushrooms and have had good success with them. Also there are lots of different varities so you can add some interresting color and different textures as well. Depending on your lighting and flow you can keep a variety of corals and they don't count against your bio-load. A big plus for me since my tank is maxed out on fish as well.

su_mich

thanks guys. i think i will wait till my tank to really complete its cycle 1st as they are running in high nitrites nw. other lvels are doing fine. except the nitrates, coz i m still waiting for my part time job salar to buy the test kit.
so i don't know the nitrate level now. i m using a canister filter. the water that is cumming back from the filter is used to push the surface of water. the filter's max output is 1200liter/hour. is this water flow enough if i want to add corals in the future? and i m using double 8w flourescent lights currently in my tank, izzit enough for corals, n i have natural sunlight in the day, not direct sunlight.
can i pull it off?

Last edited: