Recent content by NATIVEVAMAN

1. N

Complete tank for sale

90 gallon all glass 175 W metal halides 1/5 horsepower chiller 50 gallon per day are a DI unit titanium heater complete cherry stand canopy with fans use the sterilizer 20 gallon long sumptank deltekprotienskimmeruv sterilizer $800 not parts8042533343
  2. N

Aquatraders.com?

According to a guy on another forum he bought a fixture from aquatraders.A mh /t-5 unit.two of the t-5 bulbs were broken and had no markings on them.He had to rewire it to get to work.
  3. N

Octo NW 150 help

Did you install the fibre rings on the stand pipe?If you did and they are not working try a finer mesh.
  4. N

blood shrimp

Now thats a shallow gene pool,lol.
  5. N

MRC-2 vs Octo200NW

I have to say I have never seen an mrc-2 but the lfs near here uses about 30 octopus skimmers of different size's with great success.
  6. N

Advanced ballast or electronic. What's the Difference?

Magnetic ballasts are far less efficient than electronic ballasts.Electronic ballasts also run cooler than magnetic.Also electronic ballasts are generally more expensive than magnetic ballast,so maybe you are not getting such a good deal.Who made the electronic ballast?
  7. N

Can any one ID this big guy????

OOOOOOPS sorry lol Xtalreef
  8. N

Can any one ID this big guy????

TJ have a look at the stomatella varia pic.
  9. N

For Display Tank: UV, Ozone, or Neither?

Since enhancing the skimming process is a major part of what ozone does it is normally run directly thru the skimmer air intake.since the ozone must then be removed carbon should be used by drifting a bag in the skimmer section or stationary in one section of over under baffles.So very little...
  10. N

Painting question

Chris,I think its #4 lol.
  11. N

Painting question

Good point sunday,now I know why I went with blue.
  12. N

any ideas

A 1 inch drain will carry away 600 gph.You should get a pump that closely match's that.There are a few kinds of pumps out there that can be damaged when there flow is impeded by valves.The use of a head pressure calculator will help determine the correct pump.
  13. N

For Display Tank: UV, Ozone, or Neither?

UV is an indiscriminate killer of everything that pass's thru it(if its clean).Ozone is not a case of "if a little bit is good a lot must be great".Used in prescribed amounts there is nothing unsafe about it,for your fish or your home.However some people get excited when they see all that stinky...
  14. N

Vho And Sps?

Coral color appearance is directly related to the color temperature of the bulbs in the tank not the bulb type.Specific color renditions can be achieved with any light source be it t-5 or metal halide or vho.It may be somewhat easier to do with t-5 due to the ability to mix many different bulbs...
  15. N

collecting in florida

The collection of coral,live rock and critters is agianst the law in Florida.