Painting question

Chris3859

I used Krylon Enamel just 'cause I wanted that kinda gloss look to it. Took a couple of coats to get it to where I wanted it. Hope this helps!

I wouldnt paint it.the back of my tank is covered with the same plastic coating used to tint windows.It is a medium blue but black and other colors are available.

Jason25

I used the adhesive backed tint and although it came out good except for a few spots it was a PITA. You can buy tinted static cling window treatment that would work and it is very easy to use but does cost alot more than spray paint. Let me know if you need a link. Of course I found it after I ysed the other stuff.

Last edited:

Chris3859

Hey, that tinting is a good idea. Does water ever work its way between the plastic and tank and create salt creep?

OceanGirl

I used Krylon Fusion to paint my 20G quarantine tank. It takes a couple of coats but it comes out really nice. Michaels or AC Moore craft stores should have it.

I had a 135g with the back painted black. I used Rustolium spray paint. I hated it! Black is not a good choice of color. Black in general attracts the light, takeing away from the tank. My 90g is blue, and I love it. MUCH brighter....