Octo NW 150 help

hub81

I just purchased this skimmer two days ago and I am having a couple problems.
I have a 75Gal reef with a 29Gal sump. I don't have a drilled tank so I have overflow box that does about 1200 GPH and the return is a Quiet one 4000 high head pump and together they work well.
I installed my skimmer yesterday and the collecton cup is filling up with a foam and water mix in about 1 to 2 minutes.
It is also making alot of mico bubbles that flood into my show tank. My baffles stop the bigger ones but not the micro.
My skimmer is setting in 9 to 10 inches of water and I had to raise up to that but it can not go any higher or I can't take the cup off.
Please tell me it doesn't need to be raised higher.
I read that some skimmers need to be broke in, is that true?
If that is the case should I just let it run and overflow the cup?
Any help would be awsome.
Thanks

Jason25

Well I did Pm you back, now about the microbubbles they will slow down as the skimmer breaks in, around 2 weeks or so. The other thing is you might being pulling water through your sump to fast and not allowing the bubbles to dissipate before they get to the pump. If you have a ball valve on plumbing throttle back the flow, this will help, you will have to tweak to get it right but it is easy.

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
you generally need to let it break in for 1-2 weeks before raising the water level...set the bubbles right below the neck of the skimmer