Recent content by Hornet

1. Hornet

Booster pump recomendations

I purchased my 8800 from H20. The one you are talking about for $75 is the 6800. Make sure the 6800 will work for you. I'm not sure of the difference, I think it may be the size of the fittings. From the descriptions:
  2. Hornet

Booster pump recomendations

Both the ones on Filter Guys and BRS are the same pump and require you to buy a transformer for $28 or $24. If your comfortable with ebay I bought one earlier this year from an ebay dealer, while this link does not go to the same guy I bought from here it links to another dealer selling the...
  3. Hornet

**Neptune AquaController**

Any ACIII users have an auto top-off with float switches set-up with your controller? I'm wanting to set-up something simple and some examples would be helpful.
  4. Hornet

Suggestions please: Best Tang for my BSJF?

You say the tang is the oldest member of your tank, how long has the BSJF been in the tank? As an option maybe you can put the Pacific Blue in a QT tank for a few weeks to give the BSJF a chance to get settled. I'd say that the Naso, Blond Naso, and Vlamingii are not good recomendations for...
  5. Hornet

Did I damage/ruin my Iwaki pump?

Are you hearing any rattling sounds. I have a magnetic drive panworld pump which I think is supposed to be very similar to the Iwaki pump. Last month I found myself in a similar situation where the pump sounded like it was running fine but it just was not pumping much water. Although I did...
  6. Hornet

vermetid snails what worked for you?

I know this is a old thread but I figured I'd add something in case somebody else comes across it while searching for info. I came across this thread while searching for info about why I'm seeing more Vermetid snail tubes in my tank. I also recently started using Selcon in my tank. Like...
  7. Hornet

best brand t5s

I'm running 4 ATI aquablue specials and 3 ATI Blue +'s in my fixture. My tank is a new set-up but I read a lot of good reviews from users on the ATI bulbs. I got my bulbs from Premium Aquatics too. The bulbs were packaged well and the price was fair.
  8. Hornet

Any Bluespot Deals?

Thanks trichome! I may jump on the live aquaria deal after I verify the LFS does not get one in with their weekly shipment on Tuesday.
  9. Hornet

Any Bluespot Deals?

I'll start asking about that as I make my rounds to the local stores over the next few weeks.
  10. Hornet

Any Bluespot Deals?

Thanks for posting. But something about that site does not sit well with me. They don't show a physical address for the place. I googled the phone number and found another homemade website on geocities selling aquarium stuff with a different name.
  11. Hornet

Any Bluespot Deals?

I'd like to add a bluespot to my tank but I'm wondering if I can do better than the $150 I'm seeing on BlueZoo and Live Aquaria. I'd prefer to buy local but I've checked a few LFS's around me and nobody currently has one. Has anybody seen and online retailer with a deal? Sadly I missed...
  12. Hornet

QT & Biowheel?

Thanks for the response. Only reason I'm wanting to use the bio-wheel is because I already have it. If you feel the sponge filters will be better. I'd gladly go that route. How cheap is a sponge filter.
  13. Hornet

QT & Biowheel?

I'm slowly getting my new tank going and I'm trying to work out the details on my QT. My DT is a 150 gal. w/40 gal sump. I have a 29 gal left-over from freshwater that I want to use for QT (never used copper). Can I use the biowheel that I already have for filteration on the QT? If so...
  14. Hornet

Hornet's 150 gal piece of the Ocean

Well, it's been a LONG time coming! I finally got some water in my tank. I got it all plumbed yesterday and I'm doing a fresh water test for leaks. Thankfully I only found one leak so far. One of the valves was missing a gasket, but I've replaced that and all is well. In all my newbness I...
  15. Hornet

Whos Ready For Some Football!!!!!

Guess you have to cough up cash today as it seems hell froze :snow: over yesterday :D I figured Miami/Pats game would have been easy money for you.