Any Bluespot Deals?

Hornet

I'd like to add a bluespot to my tank but I'm wondering if I can do better than the $150 I'm seeing on BlueZoo and Live Aquaria. I'd prefer to buy local but I've checked a few LFS's around me and nobody currently has one.

Has anybody seen and online retailer with a deal? Sadly I missed out on Blue Zoo's deal for 77 bucks. If you know of somebody that's selling bluespots for less than $100 please post. I'm also willing to make a road trip if I locate a LFS in a neighboring state to me in Virginia.

Hornet

Thanks for posting. But something about that site does not sit well with me. They don't show a physical address for the place. I googled the phone number and found another homemade website on geocities selling aquarium stuff with a different name.

Luukosian

have you asked locally if they can special order them for you? At least you will save on shipping.

Hornet

Thanks trichome! I may jump on the live aquaria deal after I verify the LFS does not get one in with their weekly shipment on Tuesday.

lcstorc

Be very careful about your source. Many have had success with Diver's Den and I have heard good things about Blue Zoo, but I will never buy one again without out watching it in a lfs for 2 weeks or more and watch it eating well.
I am convinced that one of biggest reasons people report problems keeping these fish is the way they are captured and/or transported. If you don't start with a healthy fish you are likely to end with no fish at all.

Trichome

I got mine from Blue Zoo during the half off sale and he eats like a pig until his stomach is about to pop.