best brand t5s

newreefguy

Two of my 10K bulbs went out and thinking about upping the kelvin rating..
Maybe 20k... bulb suggestions? Im wanting to have anemones,clams and zoas.
Right now I have/had 3 10k daylight and 3 460 nm actinics.... so lets hear the oppinions.

BigJay

from what I can tell a few bulb manufacturers(giesmann,UVL, ATI) have bulbs in the 11k-12k range that have excellent penetration. Maybe a combination with a 14-15k. 20k I think is getting to far to the darkside but its all personal preference. I've been hovering at the 11k and below and I am switching to 11k-15k asap.

oh and don't be afraid to pull one of your actinics out. Theres no need for 3 actinics in that set up. 2 decent aftermarket actinics is more then you need to make everything in your tank glow. Use that extra spot for another 10-15k light or even 20k if you want.

BLAKEJOHN

From left to right (the right side is the front of the tank):
ATI blue+
ATI AquaBlue Special
ATI Actnic
ATI Procolor
ATI AquaBlue Special
ATI Blue +

_MG_0004-1.jpg

And to give you a rough Idea of how the color looks. The Image below is color corrected to give you an actuall representaion of color.
_MG_0013.jpg

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Premium Aquatics has good packing for T5s and is a sponsor :)

ATI Blue + is a great 20k bulb. Great par, and won't overpower the tank with blue. PA has ATI, UVL, and other good brands

Hornet

I'm running 4 ATI aquablue specials and 3 ATI Blue +'s in my fixture. My tank is a new set-up but I read a lot of good reviews from users on the ATI bulbs. I got my bulbs from Premium Aquatics too. The bulbs were packaged well and the price was fair.