█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

salty23

Thanks guys. I've got 20 days left before I get to see my tank. Hopefully it'll be in 1 peice :(

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

salty23

Just got back from Vacation.... and things went disastrous as I was away :mad:
I'll update some damage photos very soon after I do a couple water changes to hopefully mend things for the time being.

salty23

Destruction has struct while I was away. Lost about 5 fishies and some sps/lps. However it could have been alot worse.
ymy8yjeq.jpg

pere5une.jpg

I quickly re scaped the tank and did 2 big water changes. The po3 and no3 spiked thru the roof after having a bunch of dead fish/coral and not having a water change for over a month.

Can never duplicate an aqua scape twice. It'll never be the same again :(

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
That's a massive bummer mate!! I'm sorry to hear that!! :( At least you had the majority survive and no special pieces lost! With you care and husbandry skills back at it the tank will bounce back in no time!! :)

salty23

Ato failed while I was gone. My apex had emailed and alarmed me. However I was in a different timezone/country and my emails had not been forwarded to me till I manually went and checked my email folders. Noticed it when the salinity had almost shot up to 1.030.

Had my sister watch the tank and I guess it's hard for non reefing people to take care of a reef tank. However it could have been worse I'm just glad it wasn't a total wipe out.

The tank is doing alot better today after the massive water changes/zeo snow dosings. Thanks guys.

Picture update later tonight once I get home.

salty23

Tunze ato. For some reason the ir sensor part failed. Not sure if it was just dirty or something had stuck onto it. I soaked it in vinegar and cleaned it up and it's working like a charm again.

Guess the worst of things just tend to happen when your away?

Lumen

OH no!
I just replied to you on my thread and now see this :waa: I am so sorry about the losses and destruction of your scape.
Hope you manage to get your structure looking the way it was. But if not, I am sure that you will find a creative way to get it looking awesome again!

Choff

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

I would suggest a reef cam so you can look in on things yourself when you are away m I just added one in my basement and want to add another for the DT.

...stupid auto correct

salty23

Lumen: thxs. I managed to make it very similiar but it's never the same.

Choff: I actually have an ip camera setup. However by the time I notice and the 13 hour time zone difference it's too late sometimes.

However here's a new fts. After a couple days of water changes and back to regular dosing. Things seem to slowly be back in check. However I only have a couple fish left.....

Cell phone fts. Sorry for poor quality.
a3y8aje9.jpg

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I don't see no disaster, that looks bloody stunning mate!! :yup: Sorry about the fish though! Are you planning to stock with the same scaled friends or try some different friends??

newo11

I agree. That is still a stunning tank.

We forget sometimes when we look at or own tanks and all we can see is what we've lost or what doesn't look perfect at that moment. But if you step back and take it all in (and try to look at the tank like someone else does) you realize just how beautiful your tank can be even when it's not at it's best!

salty23

I don't see no disaster, that looks bloody stunning mate!! :yup: Sorry about the fish though! Are you planning to stock with the same scaled friends or try some different friends??

Yeah I really liked my achilles.
Thanks for the kind words. I'll be adding some of the same fish as well as some new additions.