█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

salty23

Hi everyone! I would like to share with you guys my final and last upgrade, my new RSM S 650 with you guys.

I have recently upgraded from a RSM 250 and currently in the process of swapping things over from my old tank.
(Thread can be found here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/83407-tns-rsm250-build-thread-picture-intensive.html)

This thread will be filled with lots of photos from the start to finish, so tag along for the ride. I will also be using this thread to document and help myself with findings and updates that come along the way.
I'll definitely try to keep this thread updated and post whenever I can, however I have been very busy trying to piece everything together still. Any advice or comments are welcome, please drop a line :wave:

Let the photos begin

Tank sitting empty:

Here some photos of the tank's current scape prior to having it filled with water:

Filled but still murky from the sand:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Love the scape mate!!! :yup: Definitely going to be following along with your tank :)

What are your plans for stocking it?? Coral and fish-wise :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Agree with Dom, the rock scape is awesome! Looking forward to watching it all come to life!

salty23

Love the scape mate!!! :yup: Definitely going to be following along with your tank :)

What are your plans for stocking it?? Coral and fish-wise :)

Thanks wrangy.
This will be a mixed reef. Mainly focused on sps however I cannot give up on some acans and chalices which have amazing colors as well.

As for live stock I'll be moving my old fish over and adding a few new additions. A few tangs and wrasses mainly, I'm a big wrasse fan :$.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

salty23

Agree with Dom, the rock scape is awesome! Looking forward to watching it all come to life!

Thanks Goma. Excited myself as well. Trying not To rush things.... But Patience is Running low haha

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Mate that looks proper gorgeous as it is, I can only just begin to imagine how nice that's going to look once coral and fish are in there. It's going to be CoralLISHUS and tanktastic.

salty23

Mate that looks proper gorgeous as it is, I can only just begin to imagine how nice that's going to look once coral and fish are in there. It's going to be CoralLISHUS and tanktastic.

Thanks Mr salt. Hahaha I like it "tanktastic" and "coralLishus"!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks wrangy.
This will be a mixed reef. Mainly focused on sps however I cannot give up on some acans and chalices which have amazing colors as well.

As for live stock I'll be moving my old fish over and adding a few new additions. A few tangs and wrasses mainly, I'm a big wrasse fan :$.

Sounds awesome, it's one heck of a rockscape that was made to be an sps tank ;) haha Can't wait to see some life and corals in there :) There's some really wicked spots for acans and chalices too :yup:

Nice :) Wrasse's are fantastic! Such beautiful fish and lots of activity, it's going to be one colourful tank that's for sure! :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WOW!! Talk about an AWESOME UPGRADE, You did it!! :thumber:
You (Almost) make me think I'd like to shop for a new house that could fit that tank. ;)
But I'll just have to live my dream through your's so Thanks for sharing :yehoo:
So far, I L:heart:VE IT...BEAUTIFUL ROCK SCAPE :thumbup:
Tagging along cause I don't want to miss any of this build :chair::lurk:

salty23

Thanks Diana. Your tank is very awesome as well!!

I've started taking my tank apart actually and I have been moving my corals over to my frag tank!

I'm getting a slight diatom bloom at the moment I'll post up a photo and share later tonight!

salty23

Day 14 of my Cycle! Diatoms are finally starting to DIE down abit.
po4 is at 0.03 and nitrates are at 3. Any suggestions?
Recommendations on a good clean up crew? so far I have turbos, blue legged hermits, and a few snails.

Here's a FTS from today:

I've also moved a bunch of my corals to my new FT from my old display, so far so good.

all shots are from my cell phone, sorry about the poor quality.

Nice set up, Its going to look colourful that is for sure.My four year old boy was looking at your frag tank, and said (look at they corals dad, they look so kool lol) he said they look fantastic. nice job I would love a 650 they are a beauty.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Gorgeous !

Love snails for cuc around one per gallon is what I like :dance: and Cleaner Shrimp

Asterea, Trochus, Cerith, Nerites, Margarita, Mexican Turbos & Nassariu

maybe start off a new tank 1/2 this many, than add more in a month or two

salty23

Mark: thanks I'm glad you and your son are enjoying my photos.

Glen: thank you! I love everything but the cleaner shrimps they tend to steal all my food however my tangs love them. I'm looking for something to stir up my sand bed. Thinking about a few conch snail. Any experience with these guys? I had a goby in my old tank but he always buried my acans so I won't he adding one this time.

Mrsalt: I've seen your tank it is very gorgeous!! And thank you!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Never had a conch, but several members have...

I would just stir my sandbed occasionally when doing wc, stiring & then siphoning like 1/2" only deep

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
The tank looks awesome already, I cannot wait to see it once it all grows out! This is definitely going to be one to watch :D I LOVE the frag tank too, wicked setup and layout and plenty of happy looking frags, kudos to you mate and aquaculturing, there needs to be more of it in this hobby :)

Definitely get a conch!!! They're also commonly known by their scientific name Strombus snails for us Down Here :p I would only get two if you do decide to get some as they pack way more of a punch than most people imagine!

I have a single strombus in my tank and I love the guy to bits!! He has so much personality and is just amazing to watch go about his business :) They will also happily sit next to the glass and watch you do things or while you watch them and they are fascinating little creatures too, the trunk gets me every time :p I could not recommend a strombus more than anything else because they are not only awesome CUC members but just simply amazing tank additions anyway :yup:

Nassarius snails are also good for disturbing the sandbed as they live under the sand but rise up when the tank gets feed ad they can smell food, people call them zombie snails due to the way they rise out of the sand when there's food :p These guys are more carnivorous and strombus are herbivores :)