█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

CDMSeaLife

Lumen: thxs. I managed to make it very similiar but it's never the same.

Choff: I actually have an ip camera setup. However by the time I notice and the 13 hour time zone difference it's too late sometimes.
However here's a new fts. After a couple days of water changes and back to regular dosing. Things seem to slowly be back in check. However I only have a couple fish left.....

Cell phone fts. Sorry for poor quality.
a3y8aje9.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Wow, your tank looks amazing, love your rock work.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yeah I really liked my achilles.
Thanks for the kind words. I'll be adding some of the same fish as well as some new additions.

Oh no :( You should definitely get another one of those beauties!! One of the few tangs I really like!
I'm sure you'll be back in it in no time at all :)

Joeys Tank

Salty, how was the achilles in the tank? Liveaquaria says 180 gal minimum so we would be right at the edge. Any thoughts/suggestions? I currently don't have a tang on my wish list but the beauty of this one may sway me.

salty23

Salty, how was the achilles in the tank? Liveaquaria says 180 gal minimum so we would be right at the edge. Any thoughts/suggestions? I currently don't have a tang on my wish list but the beauty of this one may sway me.

He was fine and very happy. I guess it depends on your rock work as well. I know alot of people with a 120g that have one as well and they've been doing great for many years. Everyone has different takes on the size of the tank certain fish should be in. Realistically, fish should never be trapped in the first place and be kept in the ocean? However we've all already come past this and personally for myself and from my experience the achilles would fit our tank nicely.

salty23

For those that monitor their ORP. What numbers are you guys usually reading? Mines been up to 428 and usually over 400. Is that normal?

Joeys Tank

I will let you know once mine settles down. I am up over 300 now but I still think it has more breaking in to do.

salty23

Salty, since the last post, my ORP is now up to 362. I don't think anything is wrong with your values.
Wow Joey it's gone up alot in a day. Hopefully that's normal. I have a friend that can't get his to go over 400. That's why I'm not sure if mine at 400 is a good or bad thing.

Joeys Tank

I had read that the exact number isn't important in an ORP reading but how that value fluctuates once it has stabilized.

salty23

Acan garden update.
They seem to be really happy in the corner. Perhaps I just finished feeding my fish so they are abit more puffy then normal.

Anyone else notice their acans color up more in the shade/lower light regions of their tank?

f17486f440e82a90452621b9a8aa470b.jpg

Side shot

61b478f1771fd969645e7fe5a2fab9b5.jpg

Front shot

Joeys Tank

It has been slowly breaking in over the last couple of weeks. I seem to get a 10-20 point increase when I do WCs.