Recent content by Kazzy

1. Kazzy

Happy Birthday ReefSanctuary!!!

Happy birthday RS! Funny, my birthday was yesterday and now it's ReefSanctuary's b-day!
  2. Kazzy

Maroon clownfish tank mates

Triggers like the Picasso can be kept in tanks as small as 75 gallons, at least so I've been told. P.S. Congrats on getting another bluespot!
  3. Kazzy

new to SW, first tank

There are acrylic magnet cleaners for sale alongside glass ones. Look for one in your LFS next visit. Oh yeah, and dump the goniopora.
  4. Kazzy

Moving an aquarium

Get some 5 gallon buckets and maybe a rubbermaid tub, fill them with aged saltwater and/or tank water, move everything into the containers, and drive SLOW! Also, a helpful addition to this procedure for more sensitive critters is to get a plug in-able battery and hook it up to a heater which you...
  5. Kazzy

Beginner Anenomie

Mushrooms, frogspawn, toadstools, green star polyps, torches(you need a fair amount of light for them though), and yellow polyps. P.S. Using Caps Lock is unnecessary, we treat all questions with just as much urgency as any other.
  6. Kazzy

Maroon clownfish tank mates

In a 75 gallon FOWLR, there won't be a whole lot of fighting as long as you don't overstock. The smaller triggers would be fine in a tank that size too. My maroon is actually one of the calmer ones. She occasionally snaps at my other fish, but she never goes too far. Even my mandarinfish gets on...
  7. Kazzy

Ricordias and Yuma Rare and Common colors?

Is it bad if I only light acclimated for like 20 minutes? Because the little white baby yuma (supposed to be one at least) in my tank I have under much dimmer lighting then what it is was under in the LFS and I didn't light acclimate for very long. I am kinda worried because it is still only a...
  8. Kazzy

Ricordias and Yuma Rare and Common colors?

Thanks for clearing that up. I was really confused for a second because I thought the rics were the consistent ones and yumas were small and sometimes with different sized bubbles.
  9. Kazzy

Reef Magazines

FAMA (Fresh Water and Marine Aquarium) magazine is very good. It isn't totally saltwater, obviously, but it is a great read.
  10. Kazzy

Something is eating my corals!~!~! :-(

Be sure and use a red lens/bulb flashlight. It is one of the only colors reef dwellers can't detect. Otherwise your night-time snacker will be alerted and most likely not come out.
  11. Kazzy

New member just using meet and greet

Welcome to RS! I do not know if you are aware of this, but your naso tang will eventually grow to 15 inches, maybe even up to 18! I am surprised your hawkfish has not eaten your snails and hermits. In all likelihood, the hawkfish will decimate your CUC and it will get very expensive to replace...
  12. Kazzy

Blue BTA moving or dying?

That's how anemones reproduce. Asexual splitting of the oral region to achieve the same effect as sexual reproduction, to put it in nerdy terms.
  13. Kazzy

Hello, newbie member

Welcome to RS! Looking great!
  14. Kazzy

Hello all, I'm new here & to tank life!

Welcome to RS! My honest opinion is that you added the anemones way too early and you will have to keep everything perfect or they will not do well. On a more positive note, most everything else sounds good. Do you have a skimmer? If you don't, I suggest you get one. P.S. Are magnums skimmers...
  15. Kazzy

new to the site

Welcome to RS! What size is your tank? Got any pictures?