Blue BTA moving or dying?

chicap29

I have a Blue BTA, I believe its a Sebea but when I bought it the Salesperson didn't know. Well we have about 120 pounds of live Rock and we have placed it on a few of them but he won't stay on them. I have left him on the bottom of the tank but now his bottom keeps puffing up and going back down. Just a few days ago I saw his innards hanging out (a reddish brown string).

Does anyone know if he's okay?

chicap29

Well I've been feeding the tank flake and Brine Shrimp. Oh, and I just started adding Cyclop-eeze to the tank every other day. I also have a galaxia and super green anenome.

Today the blue tipped BTA is half in size and half shrivled up. Is it to late for him?

Thank you!

reefman420

i think he's a gonner.but without picks theirs now telling,he might be splitting.
Ure suposed to spot feed them.i feed mine silversides and never seen it close up!

chicap29

Splitting? I've never heard of them doing that. But I think I've figured it out. He's Stressed, I left for a couple hours came back and he's back to normal. I tried uploading a pic of him but the site kept kicking me out. I will try again tomorrow.

Kazzy

Splitting? I've never heard of them doing that. But I think I've figured it out. He's Stressed, I left for a couple hours came back and he's back to normal. I tried uploading a pic of him but the site kept kicking me out. I will try again tomorrow.
That's how anemones reproduce. Asexual splitting of the oral region to achieve the same effect as sexual reproduction, to put it in nerdy terms.

chicap29

Yes I have 2. A Green or super green BTA (not sure which) and Blue tipped BTA. I have pic's of both of them in my gallery.

kathywithbirds

I want to say your blue BTA is a sebae. But don't quote me. how are they doing today? Is there a chance maybe the sebae ate something shaped like that thing and is excreting teh undigested part?

hma

I want to say your blue BTA is a sebae. But don't quote me. how are they doing today? Is there a chance maybe the sebae ate something shaped like that thing and is excreting teh undigested part?

You are right Kathy, this anemone is NEVER a BTA, looks like a sabae. I feed my anemones every 2 or 3 days 1 or 2 little shrimp or my Clarkiis do for me.

BTW the pumps have to be 1-2 hours off when a new Anemone placed in a tank.

chicap29

Hi guys, both anenome's looked good tonight when I got home. The Blue Sebae (thanks for the correction) is moving around on the bottom of the tank looking for a good rock to climb up on. And my maroon clown is taking to him a little bit also.

Here's the weird thing, my Green BTA was completely open today (hasn't been open in a couple days) but he doesn't have as many tenacles as he used to. He used to be very full, now its slim except around the edges. And tonight he closed back up. Could it be my maroon clown being a little to rough on him?

vdituri

I'm not sure if you mean the tentacles seem skinnier or not, but Bubble tips are known to lose the bulbous ends and just go skinny.

If it is actually missing tentacles? No idea. Could be the clown.

chicap29

Yeah, he just seems to not have as many tenacles as before. But he did grow really fast, he's already doubled in size and had him about 3 weeks.