Beginner Anenomie

aquapodbarney

IS THERE ANY ANENOMIES THAT ARE A BIT TOUGHER THAT WOUKD BE OK FOR A BEGINNER . iVE GOT A 24 GALLON AQUAPOD THAT IM GOING TO START TO STOCK WITH MUSHROOMS AND POLYPS. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's going to be a big NEGATIVE! Sorry to be that way but they require an established tank and an experienced aquairist to help maintain pristine water conditions.

lcstorc

No anemone is considered a beginning animal. They are very sensitive to changing water parameters as well as need a lot of light. If you want one long term be sure you have the lights for it (either MH or a lot of T5) and that you have had stable water parameters for a year. Once you get through with that you could try a BTA and have a reasonable chance of success. Just remember they have a very slow metabolism so they can look good for a long time while they are slowly dying.

framerguy

Yeah, what they said! I'm not sure if you want an anemone because you want a clownfish and think you have to have an anemone to host it. If that's the case, many other easy to keep animals are suitable hosts. Any of the Euphylias will work, my clown hosts in a pumping Xenia.

michael_cb_125

My clownfish love my frogspawn.
I have seen my clowns host with all the following coral: GSP, Hammer, Hairy Mushrooms, Frogspawn, candy cane, and torch.
All of which are relatively easy corals to care for.

Kazzy

THANK ALLOT FOR THE INFO ANY SUGESTIONS ON SOFT CORALS TOO STart WITH.
Mushrooms, frogspawn, toadstools, green star polyps, torches(you need a fair amount of light for them though), and yellow polyps.
P.S.
Using Caps Lock is unnecessary, we treat all questions with just as much urgency as any other.