New member just using meet and greet

wyldbull

Hello...

Just found this forum while searching for a information on Marine tanks. I just started running a 60 gallon reef tank about 4 months ago. I use two Rema filstar XP3 filters. One just is for filtering. The second XP3 i use to go through my UV sterilizer when i turn it on from time to time. Having the two filters acts like two powerheads and really makes a good movement in my tank. Unfortunately I went with the Prizm deluxe Protein Skimmer. I have a feeling I will be replacing it with a Remora soon. My tank has been running great and I have a Blonde Naso Tang, Flame Angel, Hawk Fish, and Foxface along with about 20 turbo snails and about 50 red and blue hermit crabs. I recently put in some corals. I have a green mushroom coral and star polyps along with a smaller button coral which is green and red. They all seem to be thriving pretty good. I did have a good piece of red kelp however the snails seem to think its a food farm for them and they have been beating the thing up. My maidens hair is doing well however. Anyways thats the tidbit on my tank and I am sure I will be adding posts here and asking questions soon.

thanks
Scott

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
7-whassup_bud.jpg

vdituri

Ask and post away Scott.

Welcome aboard and post some pics before you get pounced on.
We LLOOOOOOVE pics here.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Welcome to RS!
I ran a Prizm deluxe Protein Skimmer on a 90 for a long time. It was a good skimmer and i would not rely on other peoples posts about them but rather judge it for yourself. Properly tuned in that is a good skimmer for the size tank your running. I ended up upgrading because my bio load got real heavy. 4 tangs in a 90 = lots of poop. ;)

Kazzy

Hello...

Just found this forum while searching for a information on Marine tanks. I just started running a 60 gallon reef tank about 4 months ago. I use two Rema filstar XP3 filters. One just is for filtering. The second XP3 i use to go through my UV sterilizer when i turn it on from time to time. Having the two filters acts like two powerheads and really makes a good movement in my tank. Unfortunately I went with the Prizm deluxe Protein Skimmer. I have a feeling I will be replacing it with a Remora soon. My tank has been running great and I have a Blonde Naso Tang, Flame Angel, Hawk Fish, and Foxface along with about 20 turbo snails and about 50 red and blue hermit crabs. I recently put in some corals. I have a green mushroom coral and star polyps along with a smaller button coral which is green and red. They all seem to be thriving pretty good. I did have a good piece of red kelp however the snails seem to think its a food farm for them and they have been beating the thing up. My maidens hair is doing well however. Anyways thats the tidbit on my tank and I am sure I will be adding posts here and asking questions soon.

thanks
Scott
Welcome to RS!
I do not know if you are aware of this, but your naso tang will eventually grow to 15 inches, maybe even up to 18! I am surprised your hawkfish has not eaten your snails and hermits. In all likelihood, the hawkfish will decimate your CUC and it will get very expensive to replace them. What kind of hawk fish is it? If it's a Flame or a Long Nose, your CUC is doomed. Other than that, everythings sounds great! Pictures please!

blue_eyes53813

Hello Welcome to RS. I used a prizm pro on my old 125 for years. Frankie is right,, The right setting it works fine.. Sometimes after cleaning it is hard to get going again, But it is a good skimmer