Reef Magazines

munki

Does anyone know of any marine/saltwater and reef aquarium magazines? I have done a few searches and the only one I could find is called Marine fish and reef USA. I went to the USA series website and when I try to buy the magazine subscription there is always a "page cannot be found" message that pops up........

-Thank you

billyr98

anthony calfo writes a magazine called C, the Journal...
its a different type of reading, but it is good.. and awesome pictures..

Kazzy

FAMA (Fresh Water and Marine Aquarium) magazine is very good. It isn't totally saltwater, obviously, but it is a great read.

munki

thanks guys. right now i get FAMA and aquarium fish international, but i am looking for one that is all salt and reef. coral looks ok, but i would like more than 6 issues a year.

RobynT

I have to say that I also love Coral magazine. It is the only magazine available (that I am aware of) that is strictly saltwater and reef related. While it only comes out bimonthly, it isn't a magazine that you will simply flip through looking at the pictures.
I also get FAMA and look forward to that one in the mail but I can't say I learn a lot from that one.

I am currently a subscriber to FAMA and Aquarium Fish Int. I would love to subscribe to the Marine Fish and Reef Magazine but I don't think they offer subscriptions...do they?

The ones I subscribe to aren't totally saltwater but I enjoy reading the freshwater articles after I have poured over the salt water ones.

God bless,
Disciple

mps9506

thanks guys. right now i get FAMA and aquarium fish international, but i am looking for one that is all salt and reef. coral looks ok, but i would like more than 6 issues a year.

All I can say is even though it is only bimonthly, the quality of the magazine far exceeds anything else out there in the aquatics hobby. It's more like a professional journal as far as the print quality/photography and the articles. (I think when it first came out the quality of the photos in it is what first grabbed me).

It is a print magazine so it tends to lag on the "newness" of product reviews or new techniques come out compared to reading forums and online magazines.
I just think for the reef hobbiest that is going to invest in a magazine subscription, that is the one to do it on :)
I also think if it was put out monthly the quality of the articles would degrade, there isn't THAT much new stuff happening on a monthly basis in the hobby to warrant once a month hobby magazines IMO...

i used to order tropical fish hobbyst and it was cool but then theyre main focus changed to freshwater so i stopped subscribing