Hello, newbie member

Emg

Hey, :)

I've been keeping FW aquariums for about 3 years now....ventured into SW last October with a 20long FOWLR setup. I moved quickly to a reef when a friend offered me a few easy keeper coral....mushrooms, star polyps, clavularia.....

Now I have a 29reef and a 15reef. Moved everything over from the 20long to the 29 back in March. A friend reefer was taking down a 40 softie tank and gave me EVERYTHING he had in the tank....rocks, coral...everything but the tank. I tossed most of the rock and coral into the 29 and then started up a 15 to make use of what I had left over.

There are a pair of perculas and a six line wrasse in the 29....and a watchmen goby and wheeler's goby in the 15...though I havn't seen the wheeler in weeks, but that's not unusual for that fish to disappear for a period of time. If you ever want to actually "SEE" your fish.......DON"T get a wheelers goby.... :rollingey

Anyway, pics of the two tanks as they are now...

the 15:
DSC01870900.jpg

the 29:
DSC01868800.jpg

Fun hobby, glad I ventured into it ! :D:

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
Sounds like you have already been bitten by the reefing bug. Having multiple tanks seems to be very prevalent in this hobby. I have 3 so I can say that. :)

vdituri

Welcome aboard!

I love the look of your tanks. I like the green halimeda. Makes it look very natural. I wish I could get some locally.

I have a lot of vegetarians in my tank because even the hitchhiker algae gets cleaned up over night. Not sure what kind of dessert they expect for cleaning their plates. Hmmm?

DaveK

I must admit that you have two excellent examples of what can be done with smaller reef systems. Both are real gems! Keep up the good work!

Melanie

Welcomefish.gif

I like the layout of your tanks as well. And thanks for the tip on the wheelers watchman. He was once on my stocking list.

blue_eyes53813

Hello ,Welcome to RS... Tanks look great, you have a lot of coraline algae which is a sign of great water quality.. Good job

Emg

Thanks Blue Eyes........I hate to say it...but.....I use TAP water in these tanks... :eek:

I plan on taking a sample of my water to an lfs and have them do a TDS test on it. I'm curious to see what it will read.

Yeah, Melanie, that wheeler doesn't like to be seen at all. I don't know if they behave any different in a group or not, but seeing as how they had all been at the lfs for weeks when I purchased this one....and the whole lot of them were STILL hiding out underneath the rocks......should have been a clue to me at the time..... :rolleyes: