Zvejkuse's new RSM 250 tank

Zvejkus

Zdenek - Beautiful tank and corals!

Thanks Terry, I am working hard to make my reef look nice. I got also some new fishes - Orange shoulder tang and 3 blue chromis. Unfortunately my Powder Blue tang died soon after transport. Next time I should be very careful when choosing fishes.

I answered your questions about the NP biopellets above my pictures, hope you saw that. ;-)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Steedy,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Zvejkus

Hello Glenn,

well Powder Blue Tang is my favorite fish, so I cannot resist, when I saw it in the shop. Originaly I was going there just for my second tang Ollie, small brown acanthurus olivaceus.

But thanks for the link, I will read it. As always, you are like living library of this forum. :-D

Zvejkus

Thats great, then please let me ask you for a favor. Do you know any link, how to take care about sensitive kind of tangs? Or who can explain that to me? I know I am quite crazy, but I am looking for most sensitive tangs ever. Well, I will build bigger tank for them, but still need experiences. The tangs are the Powder blue tang and Achilles tang. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Add the Clown Tang (Acanthurus lineatus) to your list. Whenever I see them they're listed as expert only, difficult fish.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Doesn't sound like the Clown Tang would work out well with other tangs:

"The Clown Tang is as beautiful as it is a great addition to a community tank where you will only have a single tang. Care should be taken to ensure highly oxygenated seawater as it is very active. Do not add any tangs or other fish that are similarly shaped (smaller angelfish) as it may likely pick and harass. Beneficial in helping pick at hair algae, the Clown Tang will spend their day picking at rockwork in search for hair algae to eat."

Clown Surgeonfish, Clown Tang - Acanthurus lineatus

Zvejkus

Well, there is lot of tangs on the list, that are quite uneasy to handle in tank. But I like mostly the two, I wrote in my post. I think clown tang would be not so hard as achilles or powder blue tang.

Powder blue is very sensitive on water quality and stress. And needs lot of place and hidings, to ensure, he will be not stressed by other fishes. Unfortunately in my country I can get these fishes mostly directly from Bali/Indonesia import, so they are still shocked and stressed.So after transport home they need lot of care and quarantine.

Achilles is not so transport sensitive, but usually does not want to eat anything and depends on the piece, if it will be ok or not.

I just want to make ideal conditions for them, so they can be fastly acclimatised and moved to my display tank.

FibberMcgee

Zvejkus, I am not the Tang Police, but a Clown Tang in that small of a tank just doesn't do the fish justice. Their range is quite large in the wild and I would as other on other boards would suggest that 125 gallon (473 liters) would be the smallest tank I would suggest putting them in. They are finicky eaters but once you get them to feed they will very easy to take care of. I have had one for over 3 years. he eat out of my fingers with flake food. As you can see from my avatar Powder Blues are my favorite fish. With my move back to a smaller tank 125g to a Rea Sea 250 I will no longer be able to keep these beautiful fish. Oh by the way I had a Powder Blue, Clown and Convict Tang in my 125 at the same time it can be done with patience