Zvejkuse's new RSM 250 tank

Zvejkus

Zvejkus, I am not the Tang Police, but a Clown Tang in that small of a tank just doesn't do the fish justice. Their range is quite large in the wild and I would as other on other boards would suggest that 125 gallon (473 liters) would be the smallest tank I would suggest putting them in. They are finicky eaters but once you get them to feed they will very easy to take care of. I have had one for over 3 years. he eat out of my fingers with flake food. As you can see from my avatar Powder Blues are my favorite fish. With my move back to a smaller tank 125g to a Rea Sea 250 I will no longer be able to keep these beautiful fish. Oh by the way I had a Powder Blue, Clown and Convict Tang in my 125 at the same time it can be done with patience

Hello, thanks for your post. Well I meant that I will put these beautiful tangs to my new tank. The building of this tank is currently in progress. The new tank will have about 310 gallon (about 1200L) and will be about 3 meters(about 10ft) long. I have also 120g tank taken as coral maternity for the new tank.
I wanted the powder blue tang only for short time there and then move it to the new big home. So please dont be so hard to me, I didnt mean to agonize any fish. Fishes in my tank have the best care and look in good health and happy. All of them are taking every food I give them(except mandarin fish, which takes only frozen and live brine shrimp). Most of them, especially clowns and tangs, are eating flakes from my hand.

FibberMcgee

Sorry about that! With that what volume you will have no problems then my only advice is to add the clown tang last from my experience with them they will get the upper hand if they are introduced first. Good luck, hope you can find one like mine 3 years old and fat and happy, I would donate him to your tank if it was not for the distance! He won't be going in my rs250, only downside to downsizing.

Zvejkus

Hello. Sure all advices and experiences about sensitive tangs are welcome. If you recommend any procedure, how to buy and acclimatize the right fish of the three species(A. lineatus, A. leucosternon and A. achilles), I would be very happy.

Currently I have in my RSM tank just 2 tangs. One is my Dory, Paracanthurus hepatus. He lives in my tank for more than one year, I got it as small fish from local reseller. He looks like very healthy and happy fish and we love him. He is growing fast, so when I finish the big tank, he will have new home.
The second one is newcommer, small A.olivaceus, brown/green form. I hold it for my friend and this fish will move to bright new tank soon. I have the fish for about week in my tank and didnt see any signs of stress or discomfort. He is swimming actively, no fish in my tank attacks or disturb him, he eats frozen brine shrimps and does not hide except night.

Zvejkus

Hello Reggie, thanks for your comment. Yes, except one, which is probably too sensitive, acros looking good and opening their polyps.

Currently I am trying to solve another problem. After Powder Blue tang died a week ago, my blue tang and orange shooulder tang are starting to get white spots on their bodies. I give them garlic into food and try to feed them more often to see if they are eating. Hope they will be ok soon.

Zvejkus

Hi, thanks Tom. This Torch coral was one of my first corals, well even my first LPS. I tried with that, if my tank is ready for stone corals. I think this coral loves my tank(and I love the coral), cause it is growing quite fast. I had to move it twice, to make more space for its tentacles. I was thinking about making frags from Torch, but denied very fast. It looks great to me as it is.

Zvejkus

Hello people,

does anyone know, what this could be? My Orange shoulder tang(A. olivaceus) got after 14 days in my tank these black points. It does not look like typical white spot disease when stressed fish is in new territory together with lot of other fishes.

Here are some pics of the disease:
img4817bz.jpg

img4825b.jpg

Zvejkus

Thanks for replay Terry. Do you think, its something, I should fear? I also would like to ask about your opinion. Do you think, I can add a new fish, when my Ollie(I call the orange shoulder tang so) is in this state?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Glenn, as always good link. What do you think about the black spots?

You are very welcome - Lee should be able to give you some good advise, I don't even have a confident guess... but here hoping it's not ick !

Zvejkus

Well, I am afraid, it will be black spot ich. But still hope me and other reefers are wrong and its just something not so bad. Problem is, how to treat the fishes, when I have not so big quarantine tank and only one solution is to move all fishes to QT and let them live there for about 5-8 weeks to get rid of the parasites in DT.