Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks guys :) I really enjoy how the tank is looking and the acro's have all coloured really well so I can complain :) I'm thinking about swapping to artifical salt soon though to see if that'll make any difference :) Most likely looking at Red Sea Salt for it too

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I've also started with a new mix of frozen foods. The anthias dislike mysis immensely lol They love pellets and flake but refused to eat any mysis which was nerve racking for the first couple of days as they weren't taking to pellets or flake either but they both love it now which is awesome and makes life much easier for me when feeding the tank as everyone else loves pellets and flake, both are NLS (New Life Spectrum). So because of the dislike by the anthias I went and got some different frozen foods while I was at my lfs getting water. Needless to say everyone goes nuts for the new mix and the corals love it as well!
I now feed a mix of lobster eggs, rotifers and invert food by Ocean Nutrition and the fish go bananas as soon as the pipette is in the water and all of the corals go nuts, I target feed the flower nem with a good squirt and he loves that and is really puffy and happy after being feed, I broadcast a little of the mix across the zoa's and a lot of them will eat and catch food which is amazing as well, the lobo loves it and so does the single christmas tree worm I have living within one of my acro's skeletons :D Yet to see much response from the sps but it's early days yet :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks Mark :) I won't tell you how many photos I actually took :p they were doing that a lot while I was sitting in front of the tank and my fish seem to be quite photogenic too haha

Thanks orieng :D I'm in love with them too :yup: they're still plans haha this is taking so long, hopefully they get here this week, maybe, hopefully, with some luck, fingers crossed, it could be any moment :laugh roll I'm just plodding along with my tank maintenance and feeding at the moment and when it finally comes in ill be super happy lol the wait isn't bothering me too much at the moment as I'm right in the thick of my exam period so I don't really have the time to set it up till they're over anyway now :)

Basile

Seeing as I got some coral shots the other night, I thought I might take some shots of the fish while I was sitting there watching the tank :) Now I do have a pair of a. dispar in the tank and I'm aware they do need a larger tank so at the first sign of any stress or happiness I will be getting them a better home to go too :) So far they're really happy and eating well, they really get along with everyone which is awesome :D
Current stocklist is:
1x - Gramma loreto (Royal Gramma)
1x - Centropyge flavicauda (Yellow Tail Dwarf Angelfish)
1x - Neocirrhites armatus (Flame Hawkfish)
2x - Pseudanthias dispar (Dispar Anthias)

Nice photo's of everyone together:

Just some other shots of the fish, mainly the anthias, I love my anthias :yup:

And my favourite photo of the lot :)

Really nice shots man, love that pinkish , mauve feel to it.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks :D I think it's due to the camera not liking the UV and violet leds, it's not quite so pinky-purple in real life lol I have a lot of pink and purple coralline though which adds to that colour scheme haha

Mr.Reeefer

Hey Dom,

Nice fish mate!!!!

Tank is looking great, good to hear you happy and enjoying things.

Still no zeo??

Talk soon

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks Brock :) They're pretty good company :) and I'm definitely enjoying the tank! It looks like I might have zeo by next week as it's been confirmed that it'll be here then and I'm going to get the guy to express post it to me because I've been waiting so long haha

I think that's me for stocking the tank with fish too :) 5 fish and everyone get's along, I don't think I'll be adding anyone else to the tank with the possible exception of a mandarin on frozen food and prepared foods but the colour movement and personalities in the tank now is awesome and everyone is happy so for the moment that's it :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
They are great fish Dom, always on the move and I love the way they hang vertically just for kicks lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
They are great fish Dom, always on the move and I love the way they hang vertically just for kicks lol

Thanks Alan :) I love them! They're absolutely amazing and I'm really happy because it means that I have just about every one of the fish I love most in this hobby in my tank! The only thing missing is a dwarf lionfish and mandarins but I won't be adding the lion haha Maybe a pair of mandarins if I can find the right ones :)

Well it has been confirmed that KZ and ZEOvit are my favourite company in this hobby!! :yup: A friend of mine who runs a store here had a chat with them for me and Regina (KZ rep) has done me an immense favour in that she's going to ship everything I want directly to me and they also gave me a huge discount!! Which is amazing, they were so helpful and willing to do what they can when they found out that I'd been waiting for 3 months now! It really does restore my faith in brands and life (not that I'd lost any for Zeo but for the Aus. distributors!) as I only made a small order of the basics due to having a small tank but they went out of their way for me.

So not only are they my favourite supplements (along with Fauna Marin for Ca, Alk and Mg) but they are also now my absolute favourite company considering just how much effort they'e gone to for me and how much they've done to help out a hobbyist who's at the smaller end of the scale of reefing and the size of tanks that usually run zeo! It's made my day!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Glad for you Wrangy that you got the help from KZ. When will your stuff arrive?

Made the payment this morning when I woke up and saw the invoice email from them so it'll get shipped out tonight when Germany wake up haha Regina made a point to me that they'd ship it as soon as they received payment :D I think it might be express post too so hopefully it comes in by the end of the week! :D if not it'll be early next week :)

I didn't cancel the other order either lol so it'll mean I'll have double of everything and won't need to buy anything new for quite some time and I now don't care when the Australian order comes in as I have the zeo order on the way and quickly!

The plan will be to add the carbon or stones and supps and leave the tank with just the one for a week or two then add in the other so that carbon and stone changes don't occur at the same time :) And also to mean there's a slower acclimatisation process for the tank :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Fantastic news Dom. Guess it makes me realise how lucky I've been with my distributor only being 75miles down the rd! I'd have a good re read through the flow rates etc once putting in the tank. I had a problem on my first stone change out and put a bit more in than I should have and burnt the tips of a few acros, they have recovered now but yep I thought I change this add that a what harm can it do by being a few stones over! Lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Fantastic news Dom. Guess it makes me realise how lucky I've been with my distributor only being 75miles down the rd! I'd have a good re read through the flow rates etc once putting in the tank. I had a problem on my first stone change out and put a bit more in than I should have and burnt the tips of a few acros, they have recovered now but yep I thought I change this add that a what harm can it do by being a few stones over! Lol

Yep :D Very lucky indeed! I'm sure your distributors are a lot better too lol I still haven't heard anything about the Australian order which is meant to be in this week haha.

I've done plenty of research on it all and being a bit of a science fan I'll definitely be doing things pretty exact :p Measuring it all out/weighing it, I'll probably buy a few more syringes and such so I'm prepared completely! :) I'm really looking forward to it and I've got the plans formulated in my mind and the reactor is actually in the sump already with the pump running through it empty :p haha

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Most Anticipated Update Of The Year!!

Well folks, I have an update that has been months in the coming :rolleyes:

:eek::bigbounce:overhere::yup::yup::woohoo::bouncer::D:drooool:MY ZEO ARRIVED ON THURSDAY!!!!!!! :eek::bigbounce:overhere::yup::yup::woohoo::bouncer::D:drooool:

My excitement levels are mind blowing as I'd stopped on the way home on Thursday at my favourite store (Fragalicious) to pickup some acro's I had there on order and was talking to her about it as she was the one who got me the huge discount on the direct order from Germany (this was the Australian order though) and then I got home and the package was sitting at the door for me :D :D :D First thing I did was nearly wet myself, I had to contain it as I was start out to dinner with my partner :p I refrained from just blabbering the whole time about it and once I got home I couldn't play and tinker as I needed to be asleep as 5am starts with an hour drive aren't much fun so I took the supplements and we went to bed and cuddled :laughroll

Got home last night and set it all up!! I was shaking with excitement :p The reactor works perfectly in the sump and holds the stones really well, it's like it was made for the sump haha My sump is nice and cosy with my skimmer taking up it's compartment completely, the heater running the entire length of the section it's in and then the reactor and return fit snuggly in the last compartment :)
Here's a pic of the sump :)

And another angle:

I am just so super duper stoked at the moment as it has finally happened and is finally running after all of this time!! :yup: I performed my first morning dose and reactor pump this morning when I woke up too :D very exciting stuff here!! I hope everyone else is doing well and I'll be stopping by over today as I've been working 13hr days (including the drive) for the last 7 days so I haven't had any chances to really be around :) I've only had 3hrs a day to get things done once I get home :p It's a lot of fun as it's Civil Engineering work experience!! :)

clairebear

Yay! I hope it goes well for you! I just got some zoas in the mail this week from Fragalicious, she is so lovely and helpful.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yay! I hope it goes well for you! I just got some zoas in the mail this week from Fragalicious, she is so lovely and helpful.

Thanks! Awesome, she has some amazing stock! :) I was only meant to stop quickly as I was going out but it ended up being a 40min stop and chat lol