Woodstock's 90 gallon

BrothaWolf

Hehehe... Hijack away~~

Found a place to drill the new 40 gal sump for $12/hole. :thumbup:

I would really, really, really like to use acrylic baffles. Would BOSTIK TITAN BOND PLUS work for acrylic/glass bond?

It cost me $44 to have 4 pieces of 1/4" glass cut and edges smoothed... If they fit properly I can give you the measurements.... gee I hope they fit!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks Brothawolf but I just called the lfs back that does the drilling; apparently they can customize the sump and do it all for me!!! Whew... I can relax now. :D

Frankie

RS STAFF
If you need Doni id be happy to drill that puppy and turn it into a great sump/fuge for free. Just have to get it to me.

BrothaWolf

Thanks Brothawolf but I just called the lfs back that does the drilling; apparently they can customize the sump and do it all for me!!! Whew... I can relax now. :D

Dont let them knock you over the head for it! Like i said glass $44, silicone $6 Only siliconing 4 pieces of glass At MOST 30 mins total...

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I appreciate the offer Frankie :)

Brothawolf, I am pleasantly surprised with their pricing. Only $12 per hole and another $35 to complete the sump with baffles (includes supplies and labor) and they can complete it in a day! If the 40 breeder comes in, I will take it to them tonight.

BrothaWolf

I appreciate the offer Frankie :)

Brothawolf, I am pleasantly surprised with their pricing. Only $12 per hole and another $35 to complete the sump with baffles (includes supplies and labor) and they can complete it in a day! If the 40 breeder comes in, I will take it to them tonight.

SWEET! Do it! Hey why are you up so late.... or is it early?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Early~ I got my 6-7 hrs of sleep already ;) Too bad the LFS aren't open this early! I could get some shopping done :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Sleep is for slackers :tongue:

No more sleep until later tonight for me. I am researching different sump styles so I will know exactly what I want... Melev's site has some great tips!

BrothaWolf

I just picked up the glass panels yesterday Will silicone in place today Its gonna be a 2 day job I think. I will have to silicone the center baffle on the bubble trap first. Let that cure and then do the rest but I will takes pics Then its on to the plumbing but I have bags and bags of pvc. Check with the shop thats doing your work for you and see what thickness of glass they will be using (they are using glass I hope) also make sure all the edges are buffed so youre not bleeding in the saltwater. Any idea how you want it set up yet?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
They are going to use acrylic baffles. I am going to supply them with Bostik Titan Bond Plus epoxy. It will be stronger than the silicone they normally use. Hopefully, Lowes or Home Depot will have it in stock.
bostik_titan_bond_plus_.jpg

Here is what I have so far ....
120plumbingscheme.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Good morning Doni. I like your sketch, what program are you using to do such sketches? I'm in the process of designing a new ref/sump area for my 90g and I can 't help but notice that your refugium overflow is subject to the skimmer, the pump and the UV. Is that typical? I'm trying to gather as much knowledge as possible, thanks to RS, before I go down the design path.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
.... click your browser's REFRESH icon to get the updated pic above.... I edited it to show where I have the skimmer and chaeto.

pmac90

Hey Doni, me and Billy might be making an acrylic frag tank this weekend (if we can get everything we need) we'll let you know how it comes out. sumps in the future!