Woodstock's 90 gallon

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
This is a simple set up - 90 gallon all glass tank with fish, soft corals, LPS, a few SPS, and 2 BTAs. It has a 15 gallon sump (lit with a 19w 65k floodlamp) with an Remora-Pro skimmer (love it!) lots of macro algae (chaeto & red algae). I perfom a 12% water change every 7-10 days using tap water and Oceanic salt. I use carbon passively 24/7. Alluminated with 2 x 250 watt MH XM 10K, 2x 96 watt true actinic pc.

dose: 1.5 gallons of kalkwasser daily. The temp is 78-79, PH = 8.0-8.3, Ca = 420, Kh = 10, NitrAtes = test < 5ppm, Po4 = <0.01.

It houses..... 3 cleaner shrimp - "Ajax", "Harry" and "Felix"; mated pair of harlequin shrimps - "Hannigal" & "Hannible"; 6 fish - "Fantasia" a Copperband butterfly, "Bingo" a Copperband butterfly, "Pluto" a blue damsel, "Randy & Spot" a mated pair of ocellaris clowns, and "Mel" a yellow watchman gobie.

Thanks for reading!!! :D

Last edited:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Here are 3 pictures BEFORE my new lights:

Left side..
61left_side_tank_shot-med.JPG

Center....
61center_tank_shot-med.JPG

Right side....
61right_side_tank_shot-med.JPG

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
Good job! I posted comments in the photography section. I like the overhang in the top photo! All these pics of everyone's tank gives us good ideas on ours or hmmm.....maybe a better and bigger tank! I love your Sonic!!!!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Here is a full tank photo with the new lights :)

I really don't like full tank shots because you can't really see the corals :smirk:

61040204fulltank-med.JPG

Reefguard

Nice tank woodstock. How do you like your Copperband? I have always thought about getting one. Are they totally reef safe?

Noel

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Noel :)

I like Fantasia a LOT! She (?) has really become a cool pet... following me and begging for food ;) Reef safe? Mostly, yes. Once she was picking on my toadstool but she stopped that. Now she tries to eat my snails... she'll start by bitting their tenticles and then if they happen to fall upside down off the rock/glass she'll eat them. I rescue the ones I see, but sometimes I come home from work to find an empty shell. :( So, I've bought hermits to clean the rocks. They work well and she doesn't bother them at all. I did make sure she would eat frozen food at the LFS before buying her... now she LOVES my homemade mush! She likes my cooking! :yup:

EDITED 4-16-04: No she is not totally reef safe :( I recently purchased several new corals and she is nipping pretty badly at the candy cane's "tenticles" and the pipe organ's smaller polyps!! I've moved the corals from the sand up higher on the rocks to see if that helps. If it doesn't, she'll have to find a new home :tears:

Last edited:

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Wow your tank looks great, I think the new lights make a huge difference and bring out the colors a lot more. Congratulations you must be feeling pretty good about it right about now.

mike

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks! yep, It feels good :)

Now, if I can just squeeze a chiller and auto top off system somewhere in my evershrinking sump area, I THINK I'd be satisfied. ;) ...... a heat resistant shelf to place the ballasts on would be nice too.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Good news and bad news to report:

Bad news:
1)the CBB is nipping pretty badly on my newly aquired candy cane's "tenticles" and the pipe organ's smaller polyps!! :( I've moved the corals from the sand up higher on the rocks to see if that helps. If she doesn't, she'll have to find a new home :tears:

2) I have brown algae "threads" all over everything at the end of the day :confused:. Maybe from the new MH? The strands have oxygen bubbles covering them.... at the end of the 7 hour MH period, it looks like a brown snot ballon storm!! :( I'm just doing extra water changes... all water parameters are great.

Good news:

1) I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 995 camera (thanks reefrunner :) ) which I'll be learning to operate this weekend.... really, all I need to do is find the "auto" button ;)

2) 5 new frags added to the tank this past week!! :D I'll post a few pics of them soon.