Willie's plywood adventure

Willie McDaries

I'd trim the caps, chalices take a while to settle again after you move them.

yep,that's what I figure too....

sorry guys,didn't take any pics today,I'm down with the flumonia or something,I ain't been able to do anything but cough,sneeze,and blow snot all day...ol' lady got me a 5th of Nyquil....should be good to go tomorrow,hopefully

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
That's a fun choice. Can u say coral trading time!

..........reefing. not for the faint of heart.

Can't wait to see the pics, Willie. Your tank is looking AMAZING! I hope that one day I can get an awesome one like that. :/ need to get JJ to give me a pay raise so I can start fueling the habit. I can't wait to get started. Everyone here is giving me uber inspiration.

Funlad3

yep,that's what I figure too....

sorry guys,didn't take any pics today,I'm down with the flumonia or something,I ain't been able to do anything but cough,sneeze,and blow snot all day...ol' lady got me a 5th of Nyquil....should be good to go tomorrow,hopefully

Don't get hooked on those drugs; you put yourself at the mercy of he who sets the price! Sugar can be addictive too.... :D

Willie McDaries

Can't wait to see the pics, Willie. Your tank is looking AMAZING! I hope that one day I can get an awesome one like that. :/ need to get JJ to give me a pay raise so I can start fueling the habit. I can't wait to get started. Everyone here is giving me uber inspiration.

JJ,give this young lady a raise,charge extra for non RS members to cover the extra few hundred a week :D

Princess,thank you for the compliments...I know exactly what you mean about inspiration,with the help and guidance of folks here,I feel like I can take on anything reef related now...I mean,I have a wooden box that holds water,anything is possible,right ? :D

the main reason I even tried a plywood tank was because of a long time member here, http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/31112-vargas-300-gallon-wall-build.html ,he,among a long list of others here,guided me in my build and not one time did anyone complain about all the goofy questions I ask :lol:

I did go offsite and learn all I could about building plywood tanks,and I think I could have even helped Noah build the ark now :lol: my true inspiration came from Varga's build and all my reefing knowledge came from here.....

although,I have strayed out into the cyber reefing world and spread the wealth of knowledge that I've acquired here with other less fortunate reef forums,I always return to where it all started for me,right here at Reef Sanctuary,this is home for me and as you are well aware now,the people here are the best :D

I can't wait to see what you build for yourself,I know with JJ and all of RS behind you,you'll build an awesome reef

Don't get hooked on those drugs; you put yourself at the mercy of he who sets the price! Sugar can be addictive too.... :D

too late Ben,I'm already hooked on sugar,I even drink diet Coke just so I can eat more sugar filled goodies :lol:

Built347

Willie! I just flipped through your build, again.. I am compelled to say WOW. Again! Freakin cool tank man.. I couod use some advise whenever u have time.. thanks Willie

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Funlad3

Willie! I just flipped through your build, again.. I am compelled to say WOW. Again! Freakin cool tank man.. I couod use some advise whenever u have time.. thanks Willie

Ditto Willie, I'm his new tank designer....

Willie McDaries

thank you again Devon,I'll offer advice on anything but women,those,I have yet to figure out...anything else,I'll do my best :lol: whatcha need ?

lethal

Hey Willie, just flippin through your thread and i've got to say...WOW...what an incredible tank you've got.

Willie McDaries

Hey Willie, just flippin through your thread and i've got to say...WOW...what an incredible tank you've got.

thank you Leigh,I've got a lot of time and money invested and very proud of her......finding a great woman to put up with me and my ways,helping her raise 2 good kids,and my reef tank are my greatest accomplishments in life thus far :D

lethal

thank you Leigh,I've got a lot of time and money invested and very proud of her......finding a great woman to put up with me and my ways,helping her raise 2 good kids,and my reef tank are my greatest accomplishments in life thus far :D

You can't ask for much more than that...a good wife, good kids and a reef...life can be sweet :).