Willie's plywood adventure

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Itd be nice to not have to work.. just play all day..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Willie McDaries

Itd be nice to not have to work.. just play all day..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I don't wanna work or play,just lay around and watch my tank and maybe watch a little TV from time to time,but I guess I could muster up a little play once in a while :lol:

Willie McDaries

Willie how is your tank doing? Been away, I picked my truck up on a little mini-vacation.

tank is doing great blade,I saw that beast in the post your ride thread,how you liking the turbo torque monster cummings ? got a wee bit more power that the ol silverado don't it ? :D

MrReefNoob

Hi Willie ,
Your pinkberry looks awesome!!!
The SPS frag I have is having more of a pinkish hue.
I like the one you have :)

why is it that some SPS coral color up nicely,and some not ? these are all within a few inches of each other so basically the same flow and light

my purple nana acro,came from saltwaterfish.com it's never looked as good as their pic but it has always had the purple tips,it just doesn't seem to want to fully color up...

purplenana1.jpg

purplenana.jpg

then my pearlberry which came from JJs collection :D it is beautiful and only about a foot from the purple nana

pearlberry2.jpg

pearlberry1.jpg

pearlberry.jpg

and this 1,I forget it's name,seems like it was a cobalt something or other LOL,it came from JJs as well,it started RTNing and with Matts suggestion,I have to try to save it,I was successful,it's colors are amazing and it has fully encrusted the rock,it should start growing up now

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

and then I have this 1 which also came from JJs,it has great growth and PE but will not color up,don't remember what it was called either :D

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

here is also a mistake that turned out beautifully,this birds nest I think is a ponape not sure though,but I got it from a friend,it was about an inch frag,I managed to break it off the frag disc and never found the frag,lucking,there was enough encrustation on the disc that it grew back,now it's better that ever,it is mostly yellow in color and looks great

IMG_2800.jpg

Willie McDaries

Hi Willie ,
Your pinkberry looks awesome!!!
The SPS frag I have is having more of a pinkish hue.
I like the one you have :)

thank you Noob,mine is more pinkish if you see it in person,my photography skills are lacking LOL that's as close to correct as I could get it with my software,it has just recently started to color back up as is all my SPS,I think I was giving them too much light,they all seem to be doing better since I reduced the photo-period...I changed from Odyssea MH lights to Reef Bright pendants and Lumatek ballasts,I didn't realize just how much stronger these were LOL

MrReefNoob

Ahhh yes SPS they are so finicky everything needs to be stable perfect and requires commitment and don't like changes...so like women and so unlike us men. :D
Sorry no offense to fellow women reefers...you are awesome :)

I admire your DIY work very cool and innovative setup

Willie McDaries

Ahhh yes SPS they are so finicky everything needs to be stable perfect and requires commitment and don't like changes...so like women and so unlike us men. :D
Sorry no offense to fellow women reefers...you are awesome :)

I admire your DIY work very cool and innovative setup

thank you,I'm proud of my tank but it ain't nearly as neat or thought out as yours,mine was all spur of the moment planning,do now,redo later LOL

Willie McDaries

We're you able to measure the par pre and post?

nope but I have got a side by side pic somewhere,if I can find it again

Wiwwie? Where art thou?

had to work like a dog today :lol:

Love the tank willie it just keeps getting better and better

thank you Brian,yours will be so much nicer than mine,you did a lot better job planning and yours is bigger,mine was just spur of the moment planning LOL

brian_e

Lol mine is no better than yours i think both have there perks. As for planning i didnt plan well at all only thing i had going for me was the 320 i built

Willie McDaries

We're you able to measure the par pre and post?

Wiwwie? Where art thou?

Lol mine is no better than yours i think both have there perks. As for planning i didnt plan well at all only thing i had going for me was the 320 i built

I wish I had started building an LED light system before ever thinking about having coral in mine,I've spent so much on halides,my wife will probable kill me when I do start working on LEDs now LOL my next plywood tank will be bigger and better planned too :p I'd love to have a 4ft by 16ft now,course I don't have any where it would fit LOL

requiem

Best of luck on the build. Plywood tanks usually have a short life expectancy. Most of them experience moister related issues and expand causing them to leak at their seams.