WELCOME to the NEW Reef Sanctuary!

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
I have a support ticket in. It takes a special kind of geek to manage URL redirects. Guess I'm not special enough. :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
URLs redirecting properly ! at least internally & select ones externally ... I think... :rolleyes:

WooHoo this is HUGE step forward !!!

Well done Travis !!!

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Any idea when search engine Google will point to our post on the "new RS" ?

As one example - in Google when searching for the string "Red Sea Max" we use to get pointed to thousands of RS post in the Red Sea Max Club on RS

Where there is 6,627 threads with 198,306 post:

Even a Google search of "Red Sea Max Site:Reef Sanctuary" that specifically point to RS does not return the post & threads at the new RS.

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
Glenn, it will likely take some time. However, I can request a re-indexing of the site. If the redirects are done properly, that will certainly accelerate the process.

Google had grown un-fond of our previous link and site structure, to the point of penalizing us for duplicate content. So we're aiming for a long-term win here with some short-term pain to be expected.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
On the Home Page - Sidebar - when you Click on the Members Online Now... (button)
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?online/

it's returning this... (has been working...) just FYI, I am sure this will be "down" the list... of things to fix.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 27 bytes) in /home/reefsanc/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 294

Frankie

RS STAFF
When I open my browser on my cell I cannot login.
I can only login through taptalk.
I can log in on the desktop.
One good think about the cell browser is I can view the site without being hammered with taptalk pushes.
Just can't login that way yet.
I will do a screen shot

Frankie

RS STAFF
8d130233655b6f092e686dc39ea55d7f.jpg

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
Is that the screen you get after trying to log in? What browser and os are you using?

NickF

When I logged in on my old laptop it didn't show any of the icons above the post reply box (to add pic,file, change text format etc) when I used ie9 browser, but worked fine with Google chrome browser. The laptop is vista so I can't update from ie9 as it's no longer supported. It's not a problem as it works on the google chrome, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is unlucky enough to have vista.