Tom's BC-29 Nano

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice work Tom, it looks like a great tank. Do you plan to have anything else in it besides the mantis? Obviously no fishies!!

tnwillia

Hey Leigh, At first no but now that I've started it up I'll have Zoas, Mushrooms, LPS and a few Barnicle Blennys. At least that's today's plan....

Rhodes19

Hi Tom,

Nice build, I can't wait to see more pictures. I like the mods you did on your BC29. It looks like one of the newer ones with the additional vents/holes in chamber 2. I'm curious though, what is the egg crate on the bottom for?

tnwillia

Waters starting to clear up from adding subatrate & salt. Made my first of many Aquascape attempts. All my parts will show up over the week so I should be able to get ready to start cycle by the weekend....Enjoy!

DSC02224.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looks nice Tom! Good deal on the barnacles up top - that may help keep the Barnacle Blennies from ending up as Mantis food!

tnwillia

Hey Terry, I've been reading where some have had no problems keeping a fish in with him as long as he's well fed. I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks!

tnwillia

Your right Eddie, This is just the bgger stuff he shouldn't move. I'm trying not to put "to much" rock in. I've got a big pile of rubble for him of various sizes. Thanks!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks good Tom. Interesting that you can keep fish in there with him! I'd be too chicken.

tnwillia

Hey Leigh, that is part of the reason I'm looking at the Barnicle Blennys. They stay in their hole and dart out for food then back. They are hard to find here, lots out for sale right now but by next month when I want them I may not find any. Thanks!

tnwillia

Got most of my parts today and installed my Tunze 9002, StevieT's media rack & fish guard and the tank "can't do without" my MP-10. Everything installed without problems except the base plate on the Tunze 9002 kept falling off. Terry showed me the rubberband trick and problem solved. I'm going to let everything run for a few days then cycle starts. Fun Fun Fun!

DSC02232.jpg

Good luck with the tank Tom! I'm a proud BC29 owner meself... just curious if the locline fit on with no problem? haven't tried locline yet, but bought a random 'water deflector' from my LFS and it didnt fit :(

tnwillia

Thanks all!

Hey Jeffrey, I used a 1/2" Loc-line "Y" and two sections with wide nozzles. The BC head was just a bit to big so I boiled both sides for a couple of minutes in the microwave and got them together. 10 minute job. I never had any luck with the water deflectors any time I tried them. Good luck!