Tom's BC-29 Nano

tnwillia

Got my new BC-29 from my LFS today. First steps were to remove all the Bio-Balls from chamber #2 and shelf in prep for Tunze 9002 & StevieT Media rack & standard cup. I removed the blue sponge in the bottom of chamber #3 and both the filter holder and shelf in chamber #1. My filtration will be my rock & sand and the Media Cup.

Chamber3.jpg

Chamber2.jpg

Chamber1.jpg

I removed the existing pump port and used ½” “Y and Loc-Line with wide fans on the output port.

I used Egg Crate cut to fit the bottom as a guard for the Mantis “just in case”.

I also cut the overflow between chamber #1 & #2 to widen it allowing more flow.

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02213.jpg

Put timers on my Day & Actinics Bulbs. Thinking about adding the Nanotuners 4.36 light mod to take the Compacts to 4 from 2 now.

Made and added my RO/DI water and mixed my salt. I’ll let the tank run for a few days to mix well.

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02218.jpg

Waiting on parts now as I get ready to cycle………..

tnwillia

Thanks Glenn... Question, how do I get my tank threads to look like yours instead of showing the link?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
yours would be like this...

Tom's RSM 250

Put [ where 1st X is below...

XURL="http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/43438-toms-rsm-250-a.html"]Tom's RSM 250[/URL]

reeferman

congrats Tom,looking good.your a quick learner,it took Glenn three days for me to get that!:dunce:

tnwillia

Thanks Eddie, It will probably be next month before the tank is ready for him. I think he's going to be happy with the added space to play!

tnwillia

Thanks Jason!

Juan, your new tank takes exciting out of anything I've got planned in the foreseeable future. Exciting will be watching that tank grow! But thanks!