Tok's RSM 250

funkoid

Fantastic Tank!!!!

Out of interest, can you recall the manufacture date of the two RSMs that cracked? I've got an RSM250 waiting to be used, it has the curved edges. Did they give any reason for it happening? Mine has apparently been in use with two different reefers so I'd hope it was okay ..... just scared to death of using it now!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hope you had an excellent Chrissy and New Years Dario :) :yup:

Would love to hear how the tank is going mate? It's been a while since you last stopped by! :)

Hope all is well in your end of the world!

Tokalosh

Hi Guy's, sorry I have been away soooooooooo long, but have had a lot on my plate lately.

The tank is 3 years old in March and apart from losing my blue Acro is doing great. I’m still a little perplexed as to why "it" only decided to turn white and not the other Acros in my tank. Some things in this hobby are still a mystery to me.

I’ve also decided to stop dosing, as I think I get better results when I do my biweekly water changes and it also forces me to pay close attention to what’s going on in the tank. I do however dose Red Sea Reef Energy A & B with great results.

My Fussy Dwarf is doing great and has grown into a rather large and well fed eating machine. This not so small guy is starting to worry me and the rest of the fish in the tank. Just as well they sleep with their eyes open. :winky:

I’ll take some pictures tonight and post them up for you all to see.

Cheers

Tok
PS, The new site format is outstanding, well done guys.

Oxylebius

My Fussy Dwarf is doing great and has grown into a rather large and well fed eating machine.

Ha! They sure are! :D

This not so small guy is starting to worry me and the rest of the fish in the tank. Just as well they sleep with their eyes open. :winky:

Oh no, better watch that fish w/the others in the tank. Maybe time for a second tank to house the other fish :)

I’ll take some pictures tonight and post them up for you all to see.

Great, looking forward to some pics!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Awesome to see your retuning post Dario!!! We have missed our Tokalosh!
My tank is a little over 2years mature now & I also started to dose it but didn't follow through. It was (and still is!) doing amazingly well with just my routine WC's. So I'm doing a weekly WC, I might skip a week once a month but only if I think I need a break from doing it.
I'm looking forward to seeing your photo update so:
Please don't forget to post pictures (I don't know where the heck our camera icon disappeared to!!! But I want it BACK! o_O)

GregT

Hey Dario,
I've been 'off-forum' for a while and checking in on everyone. How's you're tank going?
Cheers Greg

mikesilverado88

Hello All

My name is Tok and I've been in the fish world longer than I can remember but still consider myself a Rookie, starting with a gold fish bowl I moved from breeding freshwater to marines and now I'm the proud owner of a RMS 250.

I took on the RSM 250 as a reward for keeping a Tropaquarium 88 (130 Lt) going for 3 years on nothing more than a canister filter and some modification to the lighting. It was a great tank until all the occupants out grew it.

I had my reservations about buying the RSM knowing that not all was well in the early stages, but now that time has moved on and Red Sea have listened to the masses I thought I'd give it a go. After all if I can run a tank on a canister filter for three years this should be a walk in the ocean.

I promised my better half that if I did this upgrade I'd add nothing to the RSM and give Red Sea the benefit of the doubt. So this is it......

This is what I had for three years.

old.jpg

And this is what I upgraded to...

IMG_0948.jpg

Just after the transfer....

New.jpg

And 4 weeks later......

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

and the best part is the skimmer works, its quite and pulls sh1t from the water light a fright train!

IMG_0949.jpg

More updates will follow.

Tok
I could never get my skimmer work right just made lot of noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk