Tok's RSM 250

Boovey

Wow what a read , just read all your pages while on a long long night shift and as I don't know to much picked up some great tips darius ,, one question how many fish do you keep as I'm scared over over loading mine but do tend to stock small fish gobies etc ??

Tokalosh

Thanks you all for the kind words, it is very much appreciated.

Well finally the long awaited update……

I had to sadly give my Fu Man Chu back to my LFS as he was not eating anything I put in front of him whether it was live shrimp or frozen. I did not want to see him die of starvation.

My fuzzy is still doing great and seems to think he can eat anything, it’s quite amusing watching him eyeing out the tangs. As you can see from the latest FTS I’m starting to get the hang of keeping Acros and they seem to be doing well for the time being. Although changing out the lamps every 6 months is a great help. I’ve started to grow Coralline algae on the back glass in the hopes that my Monti will take to it and start to spread. This should look great in a few months’ time.

I’ve also decided to start feeding flake food in small amounts on a daily basis. The only reason been is that my tangs are looking a little like Lindsay Lohan, skinny and pinched in the face.

My bull’s-eye shrooms packed their bags and hiked to the rear of the tank in the hopes of getting away from the anemones every annoying tentacle’s, and so too are my Duncan’s getting a little peed of with them. But all in all things are looking good in my under water kingdom and the less I interfere the happier the tank is.

Morning sunlight hitting the tank....

@Boovey, thank so much for trolling through my thread.

Tok

Malexiam

Hey Dario,
Are you still running the original skimmer as well?, I see a lot people lose their patience and go with something else!!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Absolutely gorgeous Dario !

If your not already (and you may be...) keep a sheet of Nori hung daily or every other day a least... with a few drops of Vita-Chem on it for the Herbivores

here Lee's tips for the tangs too
feedings of gut loaded brine shrimp, mysid shrimp, Cyclopeze, pods, plankton;
feedings of vegetable products (Formula 2, broccoli flowers, Herbivore foods high in vegetable matter);
feedings of seaweeds/algae (vary the colors: red, green, purple, brown, etc.) on the clip, attached with a rubberband to a rock, etc.

Boovey

I'm curious Dario , how many fish you have in that out of the world tank ,,, that's now my goal to one day end up with something similar ,, I've just completed copying your media shelf apart from the top shelf ,, I'm looking where I can get a light from .. Mark

Tokalosh

I'm curious Dario , how many fish you have in that out of the world tank ,,, that's now my goal to one day end up with something similar ,, I've just completed copying your media shelf apart from the top shelf ,, I'm looking where I can get a light from .. Mark

Mark my current stocking levels are:

Fish:

1:Yellow Tang - Hawaii (Zebrasoma flavescens)
2: Chevron Tang (Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis)
3; Flame Hawkfish (Neocirrhitus armatus)
4: Six Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)
5: Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loricula)
6: Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish (Premnas biaculeatus)
7: Dot Dash Blenny (Ecsenius Lineatus)
8:Orchid Dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani)
9: 2 X Black Axil Chromis (Chromis atripectoralis)
10: Indian Ocean Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis)
11: Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Fish (Dendrochirus brachypterus)

The light is made by Arcadia and is a 1watt LED.

Tok

Is your media basket DIY, with acrylic?

I bought the media rack from InTank

Hope this helps

Tok

Tokalosh

Well its that time of the year again......

To me and my Tank which turned two on the 9 March.........

and it's still in one piece....shshshshshshs!

Tok

Irene

Hi Tok,

Hopefully one day my tank will look half as good as yours. Do you know if the media rack you have would fit into my new RSM 250C, there's a rack in there but it's a bit flimsy and I'm not sure how long it will last.

Thanks

Irene

Tokalosh

Hi Tok,

Hopefully one day my tank will look half as good as yours. Do you know if the media rack you have would fit into my new RSM 250C, there's a rack in there but it's a bit flimsy and I'm not sure how long it will last.

Thanks

Irene

Hi Irene, I'm sure your tank will look better than mine in no time at all. Just remember to read, take it slow and ask lots of questions. RS have the most knowledgeable and helpful members around.

As for the media rack well I'm not to sure as I dont know anyone with the new RSM250C, I'm sure someone will chime in and answear your question.

Tok

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
51z3PJkvswL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Roy Page

Tok,

I am just starting out with a RSM C-250 just hope I can get photos as good as yours, great work and a tank that I envy !

Roy