There's a new "tank" Sheriff in town - FLIPPER

ChrisY

Hi Al. Any news when the replacement blades will be going out. Alas mine is one of the affected ones thats rusting.

PIMPALA

Hi Al. Any news when the replacement blades will be going out. Alas mine is one of the affected ones thats rusting.

i dont leave mine in the tank. I pull them out after use, and rinse them in fresh water, and let them sit on the counter to dry. no rust issues so far! (but i wish i could leave them in the tank. lol)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok I spoke with "The Man" and he stated, "They are scheduled it to us March 1st but until they are physically in-hand we just don't know for sure."

When I hear something more concrete I'll let yall know for sure.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great news Glenn.

Does the RSM250 also have rounded corners? If so how did it do on your corners?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
It does have rounded corners, like the 130/130D :dance: I have not really tried it in the corners yet, just did a quick clean of the front glass when it arrived yesterday, will report back - still working on my flip technique :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Glenn I was told this the other day:

"There's another way of "Flipping" that's pretty easy it's just a tad slower. Situate the Flipper with the Metal Scraper at the top. Pull the handle away and the weight of the blade will cause the flipper to rotate until the blade is pointing down again. Then simply replace the "handle" without flipping it and this will cause the unit to flip front to back inside the tank."

does that make sense? You can't do it this way in front of a powerhead or anything with a lot of current but it's neat to try different methods of "Flipping".

redneckgearhead

Ok got my flipper a couple nights ago and finally got to try it out tonight, I was impressed!!! Scrapped some coraline off my tank that my scraper stick wouldn't touch. Flipping takes some practice unless you use the corner method. Worth twice what they are selling them for!

Attachments

• dirty end powerhead.JPG
    dirty end powerhead.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 54
  • clean end powerhead.JPG
    clean end powerhead.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 53
  • dirty end.JPG
    dirty end.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 53
  • clean end.JPG
    clean end.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 53

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks for the update Jason. I got mine in a couple weeks ago.

I heard from the inventor that they are BACK IN STOCK and taking orders again. Apparently they go OUT the door almost as fast (or faster) than they can get them manufactured.