There's a new "tank" Sheriff in town - FLIPPER

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
There's a new "tank" Sheriff in town - FLIPPER

Flipper Cleaner | Flipper Cleaner. The best aquarium cleaner on the market.

This new scraper/cleaner is coming to market later this month and I think it's going to be a big hit. I hope to have one in hand in the next few days to review. The inventor is a friend of mine, avid reefer and one smart guy.

Once I get one in hand I'll let yall know how it works. I suspect it's going to be better than it's predecessor and I LOVE that unit.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Get ur buddy to add a heavier magnet for thicker glass. I'm sure its great for a smaller tank but everything maxes out at 1/2 n ut makes it ineffective for thicker tanks. 2¢

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yea that was 1/2" glass and it was ripping some patches of coralline pretty easily. I don't know what the MAX thickness is for this unit but I'll be sure to mention "thicker glass" to him. Odds are he'll come through here some time anyway.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm there if it works on 1/2 +

Looks handy as can be.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have the "Mag-Flip" and even though it works the same this is from another company and has lots of improvements. I'll know more after I do some testing etc with the samples.

Uslanja

Hi Al! Your posting as come just in the nick of time!! We are actively searching for something to do just what the video shows. The biggest challenge for us to meet has been the need for something thin to get between the glass and our reef. We have several cleaning devices of different designs and they all have their good points but inevitably size or shape has always limited where it will fit. We're looking forward to giving this one a try, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Any idea on how it will be marketed; where do we look to find one?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hi Al! Your posting as come just in the nick of time!! ...thanks for bringing it to our attention. Any idea on how it will be marketed; where do we look to find one?

You're very welcome. I think it's going to be a very good product which many people will find useful. I'm anxious to get one in my hands to try out.

Any idea on how it will be marketed; where do we look to find one?
I don't know other than the website I linked to up previously. I would imagine this will be going through the normal "Channels" which would be online retailers, the original website, LFS and so forth. Keep an eye on this thread and as I know more I'll come back here to keep it updated.

:)

ChrisY

Count me in as well! I unfortunately set my rock up a bit to close to the glass, so this would do the trick I think.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
it looks like it gets easy though the Coraline allege

The model I have (no longer available) would get through some pretty tough stuff. Granted this most likely will not cut through the coralline you've neglected for the last year and it's 1/8" thick LOL!

I hope to have the samples in hand by this weekend to start some testing.

catran

Do you know the overall dimensions of it?

I want at least one, maybe two!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Do you know the overall dimensions of it?

I want at least one, maybe two!

No honestly I don't. All I know for sure is he put them in the PO yesterday and the guy there said I'd have them in-hand Friday. If they don't come Friday I'll have them Monday for sure. I'll give them a good measuring first thing and of course I'll take lots of pics :)

Also I spoke with them last night and at least initially they will only be sold through the website. Depending on customer response they may or may not go the LFS/Retailer outlet. But they will go on sale in a few weeks once all tests are done and samples are... well sampled :LOL:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
They just came in and just by looking and holding them in my hand I'm impressed.

a) The magnets seem to be VERY much stronger than the other brand.
b) it comes with a serrated plastic blade and a nice metal blade (metal is installed in package)
c) instructions (inside and out) are clear and easy to understand/follow

I'll know more over the weekend.