The Nano is dead. Long Live THE 23!!!

Uslanja

Hey Quentin! Less than 19 hours to go before you guys start your Canadian Road Trip!! It's raining today and we sure do need the rain for our orchard. There might be some peaches left when you get here. The apples aren't even close to ready. Drive safe and see you soon!!

I couldn't help but grab some shots of Tracy's plate coral. Just the blue LED's were on for a couple shots and then we light filled with the flash on a couple of others.

Just a few close ups of Tracy's neon green short tentacle plate coral through my old sleepy eyes.

IMG_7640_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7639_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7638_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7637_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7636_edited-1.jpg

glampka

Dave - Here's what he has for sale: Branching Green Frogspawn (7-10 heads), Branching Bi-Color Frogspawn (3+ heads), Purple Frogspawn colonies, Branching Green Hammer (5+ heads), Orange Torch (1 head), Electric Strawberry Palys (2 frag colonies, 30+ polyps), Pink & Green Enchino (Half Dollar size), Red & Green Blasto (6 heads), Acans (Happy Endings & Ultra Red), Green Hairy Mushrooms (10+), Green & Purple Mushrooms.
He's getting a place of his own & really hasn't had the time to put into the tank as of late so he's getting out for the time being.
I'll send you a PM late Friday night or very early Saturday morning to let you know what's happening.

Quentin - You better rest up & best be VERY hungry. That's a pretty ambitious schedule Dave has set for you. Make sure he gets you a beef on weck as well. Hope we can hook up when you're here.

Uslanja

Hi Chris! Thanks for the kind words again!! One day I'm hoping to score the photo that I want hanging on my wall.... but in the mean time I'll just keep clicking and hoping to capture "The One"!

Hey Gary.... bummer on seeing someone get out of the hobby... even for a short while. Can you grab a photo of the Pink & Green Enchino, or tell me more about what it looks like and where he has it placed? We might be interested in it if we can provide the same flow/light environment. We would actually like to place it near the bottom of our 37 on a vertical rock face; so low to medium light I'm thinking and medium to high flow. Let me know if you think it would work there.

crespeto

man, I think if I mentioned it to her, my wife would have taken like 9 of your pics and used them on a wall of ours already, and your still looking for 'The One' that is insane, you could have a coral reef book with some of the pics you have posted on the forum, at least IMHO. I need to get the extra money from a side job already so that I can just order chrissy the extensions for her camera already.

Uslanja

Hi yankieman! We appreciate your kind words. We're still catching up on your thread.... looks like you had a dynamite Hawian vacation!

Chris... you sure do know how to make me feel good about my photos!

A few more, just because Tracy was at work and I was hanging at home with a camera and some time....

Tracy's plate is nice and plump and moving about in the current

IMG_7650_edited-1.jpg

One of my favourites! Our Cyphastrea Coral (Meteor Shower)

IMG_7648_edited-1.jpg

New growth is seen spreading onto the rock.

IMG_7649_edited-1.jpg

Uslanja

Thanks Gary! Not sure we're going to get anything. Our available space is getting tight so we're holding out for the "WOW Factor".

We'll be heading over to Salt Water Paradise about 13:00-13:30 depending on how big of a border backup. I had gotten my days mixed up and we're doing the Jet Boats tomorrow with Quentin and Shell, then we're heading over the border.

I went snooping in Tracy's Photobucket account again and found some shots that I like..... so I'm just going to post them!!

Here is a close up of a sponge that is on one of our rocks. I really like the look of the open structure.

2011_0801Nano0007_edited-1.jpg

An underside shot of some type of hitch hiking nudi... but we have no idea what kind.

2010_0707mixnano0072.jpg

We have no idea what these critters are..... but we seem to keep a steady population of them in the tank.

2010_1117frye0005_edited-1.jpg

Uslanja

Good Morning! Quentin and Shell are still sleeping.... they had a long day at Niagara Falls yesterday and they are getting their rest for the Jet Boat ride that we're heading out for in a another hour or so. And the best part of their visit..... we're heading over the border to share a few of our LFS places with them this afternoon!!

So the house is quiet and I'm still snooping through Tracy's Photobucket account......

A shot of Hercules....?? Or is it Newton?

2011_0801Nano0011-copy_edited-1.jpg

A few of Tracy's favourite corals..

2011_0801Nano0023.jpg

2011_0801Nano0036.jpg

2011_0801Nano0064.jpg

2011_0801Nano0012.jpg

Tracy loves her crabs!

2011_0801Nano0044.jpg

Uslanja

Hi all! We have been quite busy this past week but today had a few rainy spells and we got to take some photos. The camera White Balance has been set to 5200K and we are still playing with the settings but it is starting to look like things are getting closer in colour to what we are seeing with our eye. So, just for fun..... here are a few of today's pics!

Our Donuts! From three heads to nine and more development showing.

IMG_8067_edited-1.jpg

Frogspawn.

IMG_8066_edited-1.jpg

Some type of Palythoa. This coral displays so many different colours depending on the lighting.

IMG_8065_edited-1.jpg

Yellow Polyps. I just like these guys!

IMG_8061_edited-1.jpg

And our latest acquisition! Tracy's "Neon Green Plate Coral"! This guy just glows under the blue lunar LEDs!

IMG_8060_edited-1.jpg