The affects this hobby has on your relationship.

What affect does this hobby have on your relationship?

• We both love the hobby

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Wife / girlfriend is not that keen

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Husband / boyfriend is not that keen

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • The hobby broke up our marriage / relationship

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Builtschic

The affects this hobby hase on your relationship.

Now now let's go build a 40!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I say let's go for it aslong as tank and stand look all pretty and match my kitchen I'm good with anything. Bigger means more pretty fish for me too!

Last edited:

crackedcorn

Well my wife is so so happy with my relatively new saltwater hobby (rsm 250)! U see I was heavy into keeping & breeding reptiles (mostly snakes) for most of my life including our 8 yrs of marriage so when I finally decided to compromise & switch to this saltwater world she has been very excited that the snake collection has been sold. I have even told her actual prices of livestock & dry goods etc & she doesn't complain at all lol!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just an observation cracked corn. Is ur name jimmy? N I don't care. :p

..........its 5:00 somewhere

Tru2nr

Lol...livestock isnt always most expensive part of this hobby

...Food, beer, salt needed can only afford two...i'll buy food next week i'm a reefaholic

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
My wife asked me(as a joke) what i would say if she put her foot down and demanded i choose between her and my SW Tanks. I thought about it a minute and replied "I'd call your mother and ask her to get your room ready!"

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Turns out, the Joking commend about taking down the aquariums wasnt joking. My lovely mrs has decided, now is the time to put down new carpet, with MY quarterly bonus, and i have to take down MY tanks to make room for HER new carpet. AND GOD HELP me if i get any SW on her NEW CARPET, that my bonus is paying for. She told me i have some time, but come spring she wants to clear out the living room(where both of my tanks are) and put down new carpet. I Practically screamed at her that if i was going to take em down, i was going to sell em, and save for a bigger tank...she smirked at me(she had a near death experience and didnt even know it!) so long as i remove the tanks long enough to lay down carpet. ARRRG.

Anyone wana buy a Used 92g Bowfron Glass Corner tank, or 65g brick tank.....or a wife(i promise the ducktape marks will come off, just scrub hard)

dmatt88

Now why would we want a woman who makes u lose the tank?

..........rarely am I speechless

Tokalosh

Turns out, the Joking commend about taking down the aquariums wasnt joking. My lovely mrs has decided, now is the time to put down new carpet, with MY quarterly bonus, and i have to take down MY tanks to make room for HER new carpet. AND GOD HELP me if i get any SW on her NEW CARPET, that my bonus is paying for. She told me i have some time, but come spring she wants to clear out the living room(where both of my tanks are) and put down new carpet. I Practically screamed at her that if i was going to take em down, i was going to sell em, and save for a bigger tank...she smirked at me(she had a near death experience and didnt even know it!) so long as i remove the tanks long enough to lay down carpet. ARRRG.

Anyone wana buy a Used 92g Bowfron Glass Corner tank, or 65g brick tank.....or a wife(i promise the ducktape marks will come off, just scrub hard)

Why don’t you persuade her to put down wooden flooring, this way you can lay the flooring round the tanks?

Tok

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
My giving her what she wants, followes my 2nd rule of happy married life.

Its easier to give her what she wants, than live with her if i dont.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
My wife is demanding that I do new hardwood floors in the back half of the house (where the 125 sits of course) or we move to a new house. The couch is actually pretty comfortable.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
yes i understand that entirely. I have been looking to upgrade to a 180ish tank. She said no way in hell when i mentioned it. I Tricked her into agreeing.. If she gets what she wants, i have to get what i want too...thats fair.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Oh i'll settle for 2nd. Better that than "oh i got what i wanted, but we really dont have money right now for anything else. We need to save up some more" shortly followed by "now that thats done, what i wana do next is"....and the fight starts

My wife is really not that bad, but she's used to me not spending much money on myself. So when i do, it kinda freaks her out.

Built347

My wife is demanding that I do new hardwood floors in the back half of the house (where the 125 sits of course) or we move to a new house. The couch is actually pretty comfortable.

We just did new hard floors in the whole upstairs.(where the 180 is) lets just say there is still a patch of carpet under the stand.. lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

redneckgearhead

Man, I'm going to have to send my wife flowers. She threw a fit last night when I wanted to buy the cheaper 4 bulb light instead of the 6.