The affects this hobby has on your relationship.

What affect does this hobby have on your relationship?

• We both love the hobby

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Wife / girlfriend is not that keen

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Husband / boyfriend is not that keen

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • The hobby broke up our marriage / relationship

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zchauvin

My wife noticed yesterday that I was more interested in buying new fish than a new pair of shoes and that started to worry her!

If your working from home and looking your tank who needs shoes?!?!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
My wife couldn't really care less about my tank and she doesn't even query anything I buy for it which I see as a positive. Her ears did prick up though when I told her I wouldn't mind getting a bigger one. That would involve moving her crystal cabinet full of bears and that would never do. I still love her though :).

dmatt88

My wife couldn't really care less about my tank and she doesn't even query anything I buy for it which I see as a positive. Her ears did prick up though when I told her I wouldn't mind getting a bigger one. That would involve moving her crystal cabinet full of bears and that would never do. I still love her though :).

Haha.

Here in the states were not allowed to keep bears especially in such a small space.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

lethal

Haha.

Here in the states were not allowed to keep bears especially in such a small space.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

Have you seen the size of her cabinet...no pun intended :tongue:

Builtschic

The affects this hobby hase on your relationship.

Well at first I hated Builts tank only because he spent more time with it then me especially when he built the dang fish room. But eventually I started asking some questions and started learning some things so I got interested and well now have my own tank that with alittle bit of advice and help from Devon I have learned to take care of on my own. I dont ask how much stuff is a lot because half the time I don't even wanna know. It's been well at first a crappy experience but I have grown to like it and all the pretty fish and corals.

Built347

Well at first I hated Builts tank only because he spent more time with it then me especially when he built the dang fish room. But eventually I started asking some questions and started learning some things so I got interested and well now have my own tank that with alittle bit of advice and help from Devon I have learned to take care of on my own. I dont ask how much stuff is a lot because half the time I don't even wanna know. It's been well at first a crappy experience but I have grown to like it and all the pretty fish and corals.

I can't stand how much you spend on your tank... this a ridiculous hobby...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Mine was skeptical but she was OK with it. She has even surprised me with some goodies.

She always stops in my office when she comes home from work to just chill in front of the tank for a while.
Now that my daughters tank has been upgraded to a 130L she wants the biocube for herself in our bedroom.

I am working on the slow process of convincing her we should put a 250G in the family room.

engineer goby

My wife likes looking at the tank from time to time and my son loves looking for the skinny fish (engineer goby) and that is part of where my joy comes from. I know she is happy watching me being happy with my tank and she's never really complained about cost because I keep it from her for the most part

........Starting to figure this out

Built347

My wife likes looking at the tank from time to time and my son loves looking for the skinny fish (engineer goby) and that is part of where my joy comes from. I know she is happy watching me being happy with my tank and she's never really complained about cost because I keep it from her for the most part

........Starting to figure this out

I used to keep the cost of things kindof down played but she's well aware now.. oops

Builtschic

I used to keep the cost of things kindof down played but she's well aware now.. oops

Lol you had to get me into it. Can't keep cost secrets well when ur having me go in head first

StirCrayzy

Ive noticed its easy to justify when the kids are into it. One of my 1 yr olds stands at tank and says "shheshh" and points to the clowns . glad shes not too jealous they dont even say mama yet.

catran

You two are too cute, stop it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wallkill

Girlfriend think im an idiot and says she afraid that the fox face will sting me and ill die or was that she hopes the fox face will sting me and ill die hmmmmm i better ask again:waa:

Builtschic

Girlfriend think im an idiot and says she afraid that the fox face will sting me and ill die or was that she hopes the fox face will sting me and ill die hmmmmm i better ask again:waa:

You might want to rethink her motives lol

Tru2nr

My relationship is fine, God doesn't have a problem with it at all.

+1 my cars, beer, wine and TV never complain that i spend too much time on my tank :D

...Food, beer, salt needed can only afford two...i'll buy food next week i'm a reefaholic

redneckgearhead

My wife loves the beauty of having the reef tanks and loves the fact that she doesn't have to touch them. (I maintain "her" tank as well) lol