The affects this hobby has on your relationship.

What affect does this hobby have on your relationship?

• We both love the hobby

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Wife / girlfriend is not that keen

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Husband / boyfriend is not that keen

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • The hobby broke up our marriage / relationship

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
My wife likes that I have a hobby, she understands that now that we are married and have a son I don't EVER go out anymore. That being said she isn't crazy about the money I spend or that my 1 tank has grown to 3.

bmplank86

The affects this hobby hase on your relationship.

My X gf absolutely hated my tank. She hated it so much she wouldnt even look at it. It wasn't long before I sent her to the X files

"No rain, no rainbow"

Jetbkk

My wife is just as into it as I am. I'm the one that does all the research and buys everything. She takes care of the cleaning. I do the chemistry. It seems to work just fine this way..

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
My wife hates every bit of it. But every once in a while I hear something shocking, like when I was working on my calc reactor last night she actually said, why don't you just buy a new one. I think I might need to cut her back on the alcohol.

Stretch

My wife is more or less indifferent to the hobby until it comes time to buy something new:rolleyes: She does enjoy showing it off when we have company though lol

Willie McDaries

My wife hates every bit of it. But every once in a while I hear something shocking, like when I was working on my calc reactor last night she actually said, why don't you just buy a new one. I think I might need to cut her back on the alcohol.

she has obviously never looked at the prices :lol:

dmatt88

Amy tries to sell my tanks to every visitor. She hates the water n the fact it takes up so much time. However every now n then she surprises me with a hey that's new or an I really like that!

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

StirCrayzy

My wife see it as a voltage sucker, and something i dont have enough time to keep up with.
But she definately knows better than tryin to talk me out of it.
She wont complain much as long as the floors stay dry.

This year says shed like it more if it looks really nice ... i told her it'll take some cash.... (non-specifically)...

, I get the same questions all the time,
is that new?
where did ______ fish go?
When did that happen?

Tru2nr

My ex-wife hated it because my old 55 had big algae issues and she refused to let me spend the money and time to make it right....she even told me she thought i loved the tank more then her....well guess who has 2 tanks in the house and who's not in the house any more :beer::D

...My names Alex...and I'm a house-watering-aholic

Brandon78

My wife dislikes the money and gets frustrated when it takes me a while to do something with it but she Loves the fish/corals. Shes learning a lot too. I hope in about half a year she wants one for herself :D more tanks!! Haha

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My wife is almost into it as much as I am... at least she enjoys looking at it and showing it off to anyone who comes over to the house. She doesn't ask how much anything costs and never questions anything I have to buy for the tank. With that being said I've not bought anything (salt or otherwise) in at least6 months. She even wants a HUGE tank in our new house which is OK with me :)

I think I'm gonna have to keep her :)

RonnieL

My partner is almost as excited about our new tank as I am. She's not really interested in the setup and operation as long as it looks pretty.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
My wife has her hobby, scrap booking. I have mine, Reef tanks. All and all we spend about the same, but when i really need something she always winces a the price. However she gets as much joy at looking at my tanks as i do. She knows next to nothing about the chemistry. I explained it to her, and i got the headbob combined with the "deer in the headlights" look.

zchauvin

My wife is almost into it as much as I am... at least she enjoys looking at it and showing it off to anyone who comes over to the house. She doesn't ask how much anything costs and never questions anything I have to buy for the tank. With that being said I've not bought anything (salt or otherwise) in at least6 months. She even wants a HUGE tank in our new house which is OK with me :)

I think I'm gonna have to keep her :)

Yeah... I'd say you have it made, and deff don't let her know the prices lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blue Space

As long as I don't spend too much she's ok with it. It's mainly the new LEDs or other equipment she negatively comments on. Until I buy her something shiny and sparkly... then the negative comments seem to magically disappear! Funny how that works...

Jetbkk

My wife noticed yesterday that I was more interested in buying new fish than a new pair of shoes and that started to worry her!